Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules
Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules Description
Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules is a combination of two medicines - Formoterol and Budesonide. This medicine is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and COPD like wheezing, shortness of breath, c
hest tightness, etc. It should be used as prescribed and not discontinued unless advised by your doctor, as a sudden stoppage can cause the disease to worsen. Headache, nausea, vomiting, cough, irritation in the throat and palpitations are a few side effects that you may experience after taking this medicine. Consult your doctor if you observe any white patches in your mouth or experience any discomfort or new symptoms on the consumption of the medicine.
|You Save||₹49.53 (11% on MRP)|
|Contains||Formoterol Fumarate(20.0 Mcg) + Budesonide(1.0 Mg)|
Uses of Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules
Contraindications of Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules
- If you are known to be allergic to any components or excipients of Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules.
- If you are suffering from acute breathlessness as seen in a severe attack of asthma or COPD or cases of a collapsed airway.
Side effects of Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach discomfort
- Body pain
- Coughing, sore throat
- Hoarseness of voice
- Respiratory tract infections
- Fungal infection in the mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules
Other General Warnings
- You have severe liver problems.
- You have diabetes or a lung infection.
- You have problems with your heart like high blood pressure, heart failure, etc.
- Your asthma condition is suddenly worsening.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a low blood potassium level.
- You feel that the treatment is ineffective.
- You are on any medicines that suppress immunity; there is an increased chance of developing infections. Necessary vaccinations and care should be taken to avoid this.
- Orally inhaled steroidal medicines may cause growth retardation in children. Hence, growth monitoring is recommended.
- Keep taking this medicine as prescribed, even if your symptoms go away. Your doctor will reduce your dose when required.
- Abruptly stopping the medicine can be dangerous and should be strictly avoided.
Mode of Action of Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules
How Does It Work?
- Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules works by the combined action of Formoterol and Budesonide.
- Budesonide is a corticosteroid medicine, which on inhalation reduces inflammation in the airways in a dose-dependent manner, thus reduces the chances of worsening asthma.
- Formoterol acts on the muscles in the airway tract. In the presence of inflammation (like in asthma), these muscles lead to constriction of the airway and causing breathlessness.
- Formoterol relaxes these muscles, facilitating the opening of the airway and thus relieving breathlessness.
Directions for Use of Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules
- Use this medicine as recommended by your doctor. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Rinse your mouth with water after each use to prevent infection in the mouth and throat.
Interactions of Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules along with medicines such as Ketoconazole (anti-fungal medicine), Ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and Clarithromycin (antibiotic) should be avoided as it may alter the effects of this medicine....
- Effects of this medicine can be weakened by some medicines used to control blood pressure or treat heart-related illnesses like Propranolol, Atenolol and others belonging to the same class.
- Concomitant treatment with Quinidine, Disopyramide, Procainamide, Phenothiazines, Antihistamines (like Terfenadine), medicines used in psychiatric illness like Isocarboxazid, Doxepin can lead to increased chances of developing disorders related to the heart rhythm....
- You may be at an increased risk of experiencing cardiac side effects when taking L-Dopa (used in Parkinson’s diseases), L-thyroxine (thyroid hormone) along with this medicine.
- Medicines like Procarbazine (anti-cancer) can lead to a rise in blood pressure if used simultaneously with this medicine. It is important to inform your anaesthetist about your asthma medications to avoiding interactions of this medicine with some anaesthetic agents (like Diazepam, Amobarbital)....
- Low potassium levels caused due to this medicine may lead to increased chances of heart disorders if you are taking Digitalis (used for heart failure). Also, water-pills except the potassium-sparing ones lead to lowering of potassium in body and caution is advised if you are taking these along with this medicine....
Storage and disposal of Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules
Dosage of Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules contain steroids?
Q: Is it safe during pregnancy?
Q: Is Foracort 1mg 2ml Packet Of 5 Respules a reliever or controller?
Q: Does this medicine contain anabolic steroids?
Other Products from this Brand
- FORACORT 0.5MG 2ML PACKET OF 5 RESPULE
- FORACORT 200MCG ROTACAPS
- FORACORT 6/200MCG BOX OF 120MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- FORACORT 400MCG ROTACAPS 30'S
- FORACORT 400MCG BOX OF 120MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- FORACORT 200MCG SYNCHROBREATHE WITH DOSE COUNTER BOX OF 120MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- FORACORT 400MCG SYNCHROBREATHE WITH DOSE COUNTER BOX OF 120MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- FORACORT 100MCG BOX OF 120MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- FORACORT 100MCG ROTACAPS