Folitrax 7.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Folitrax Tablet contains methotrexate, as an active ingredient. It belongs to a class of medicines called antimetabolites. It is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. It is a prescription medicine, so never suggest this medicine to anyone, even if their condition is similar to yours. The doctor decides the dosage and frequency of taking this medicine based on clinical condition and response to treatment. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Folitrax Tablet.
Uses of Folitrax 7.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Folitrax Tablet is indicated for the treatment of psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis, which has been unresponsive to other conventional therapy.
Contraindications of Folitrax 7.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Folitrax Tablet or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have any underlying medical condition like severe liver and kidney disorders.
- If you have low levels of white blood cells and platelets.
- If you recently had an injection of live vaccines.
- If you have mouth ulcers, or have ulcers in stomach or intestine
- If you are a chronic alcoholic
Side effects of Folitrax 7.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach discomfort
- Mouth ulcers
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Folitrax 7.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Folitrax Tablet during pregnancy?
It is extremely unsafe to use this medicine during pregnancy or if you are planning one.
Can I take Folitrax Tablet while breastfeeding?
Avoid the use of this medicine if you are breastfeeding as components of this medicine can pass in breast milk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Folitrax Tablet?
It may cause drowsiness or tiredness after taking this medicine. Therefore, you should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery unless you know how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with Folitrax Tablet?
It is advised to avoid the consumption of alcohol when using this medicine, as it is known to increase the risks of liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any medical condition like blood disorder, kidney disorder, intestinal disorder, lung disease, a brain-related disorder etc.
- You have mouth ulcers.
- You have diabetes or are being treated with insulin.
- You should take proper contraceptive measures during the treatment and should avoid pregnancy at least for 6 months after the treatment stops.
- Do not start, alter or stop this medicine on your own.
- You are giving this medicine to children.
- Consult your doctor regularly when on the treatment. He/she may monitor your blood, kidney, liver tests
- You experience irregular menses or blood in urine or sputum
- You develop fever , chills or any infection
- You develop shortness of breath
- Do not recommend this medicine to others.
- The medicine is restricted to prescription use.
Mode of Action of Folitrax 7.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Folitrax Tablet acts by decreasing inflammation that leads to joint pain, destruction in rheumatoid arthritis. It prevents further joint damage.
- In psoriasis, it suppresses the overactive immune system which helps control skin lesions of psoriasis.
Directions for Use of Folitrax 7.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take the dosage of Folitrax Tablet as per the doctor's prescription.
- This medication should be taken by mouth only.
- Do not take this medicine beyond the prescribed dose.
- Swallow this medicine whole with water.
- The medicine should not be chewed, crushed or broken.
Interactions of Folitrax 7.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Folitrax Tablet works, or sometimes Folitrax Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, painkillers, water pills, medicines to treat skin disorders, antibiotics, antiepileptic medicines, medicines used in chemotherapy, medicines to treat asthma, immunosuppressants etc.Read less
- Also if you are taking medicines containing folic acid along with this medicine, caution is advised.
Storage and disposal of Folitrax 7.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- The medicine should be kept away from children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiration date mentioned on it.
- Store this medicine in a closed container.
- Store this medicine at room temperatures not exceeding 25 degrees Celsius.
Dosage of Folitrax 7.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
The dosage of this medicine should be used in limited doses. Kindly avoid overdosage of this medicine, as it may cause certain side effects. In case of overdose (accidental or otherwise), seek immediate medical attention.
Missed a Dose
Folitrax Tablet dosage should not be missed, as it is for regular use. If you miss a dose, kindly take the medicine at the earliest, and if it is time for the following scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and avoid doubling the dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I let my healthcare provider know before using Folitrax Tablet?
A: It is advisable to inform your doctor about the complete medical history, any history of alcoholism and liver disorders due to alcoholism, immunodeficiency syndrome, anaemia, low count of white blood cells and low count of platelets.
Q: How long will it take to feel better with the intake of this medicine?
A: It may take several months to experience the full benefit of this medicine until then do not stop or alter the course on your own.
Q: Is this medicine available in any other form?
A: Yes, this medicine is available in the form of liquid syrup.
Other Products from this Brand
- Folitrax 15 Mg Tablet
- Folitrax 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Folitrax 5 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Folitrax 2 5 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Folitrax 20 Mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Folitrax 25 Mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Folitrax 15 Mg Injection 1 Ml
- Folitrax 25 Mg Injection 1 Ml
- Folitrax 20 Mg Injection 1 Ml
- Folitrax 50 Mg Injection 2 Ml
- Folitrax 7 5 Mg Injection
Last Updated on: 03 Jul 2021 | 05:24 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved