Folitrax 7.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Folitrax 7.5 MG Description
Folitrax 7.5 tablet contains methotrexate, as an active ingredient. It belongs to a class of medicines called antimetabolites. It is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. It is
a prescription medicine, so never suggest this medicine to anyone, even if their condition is similar to yours. The doctor decides the dosage and frequency of taking Folitrax based on clinical condition and response to treatment. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Folitrax 7.5 tablet.
Uses of Folitrax 7.5 MG
Contraindications of Folitrax 7.5 MG
- If you are allergic to the Folitrax 7.5 tablet or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have any underlying medical conditions like severe liver and kidney disorders.
- If you have low levels of white blood cells and platelets.
- If you recently had an injection of live vaccines.
- If you have mouth ulcers or have ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- If you are a chronic alcoholic.
Side effects of Folitrax 7.5 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Mouth ulcers
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Folitrax 7.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any medical conditions like blood disorder, kidney disorder, intestinal disorder, lung disease, brain-related disorder, etc.
- You have mouth ulcers.
- You have diabetes or are being treated with insulin.
- You should take proper contraceptive measures during the treatment and should avoid pregnancy at least for 6 months after the treatment stops.
- Do not start, alter or stop this medicine on your own.
- You are giving this medicine to children.
- Consult your doctor regularly when on the treatment. He/she may monitor your blood, kidney and liver tests.
- You experience irregular menses or blood in urine or sputum.
- You develop fever, chills or any infection.
- You develop shortness of breath.
- Do not recommend this medicine to others.
- The medicine is restricted to prescription use.
Mode of Action of Folitrax 7.5 MG
How Does It Work?
- Folitrax 7.5 tablet acts by decreasing inflammation that leads to joint pain, destruction in rheumatoid arthritis. It prevents further joint damage.
- In psoriasis, it suppresses the overactive immune system which helps control skin lesions of psoriasis.
Directions for Use of Folitrax 7.5 MG
- Take the dosage of the Folitrax 7.5 tablet as per the doctor's prescription.
- This medication should be taken by mouth only.
- Do not take this medicine beyond the prescribed dose.
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with water.
- The medicine should not be chewed, crushed or broken.
Interactions of Folitrax 7.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Folitrax 7.5 tablet works or sometimes the Folitrax itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, painkillers, water pills, medicines to treat skin disorders, antibiotics, antiepileptic medicines, medicines used in chemotherapy, medicines to treat asthma, immunosuppressants, etc....
- Also if you are taking medicines containing folic acid along with this medicine, caution is advised.
Storage and disposal of Folitrax 7.5 MG
- The medicine should be kept away from children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiration date mentioned on it.
- Store this medicine in a closed container.
- Store this medicine at room temperatures not exceeding 25°C.
Dosage of Folitrax 7.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I let my healthcare provider know before using the Folitrax 7.5 tablet?
Q: How long will it take to feel better with the intake of Folitrax?
Q: Is Folitrax available in any other form?
Q: How many times a day should I take Folitrax 7.5?
Q: Is Folitrax 7.5 immunosuppressant?
Q: How do I reduce the side effects of Folitrax?
Q: Is Folitrax and methotrexate same?
Q: How long can we take Folitrax?
Q: Is Folitrax a painkiller?
- Methotrexate [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]
- Maxtrex 2.5 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]
- Medex tablet [Internet]. medex.com.bd. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]
- Methotrexate – an immunosuppressant used to treat inflammatory conditions [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]