Foliripe 5mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
Foliripe 5 MG Description
Foliripe Tablet is an anti-cancer medicine containing letrozole as its active ingredient. It is used in treating advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women. This medicine should be taken as instr
ucted by your doctor. The dose and frequency will be decided by your doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water with or without water. Never miss any dose or consume it more than what is recommended. Before using Foliripe Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Foliripe 5 MG
Contraindications of Foliripe 5 MG
- If you are allergic to letrozole or any other ingredients of Foliripe Tablet.
- If you still get your periods.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Foliripe 5 MG
- Hot flushes (Sudden feeling of warmth)
- Increased sweating
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Foliripe 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney diseases.
- You have any disease that affects the strength of your bones.
- You experience tendon pain or swelling while on treatment with Foliripe Tablet.
- Your periods have not yet stopped, and you have not yet gone through menopause. Your doctor might ask you to confirm your menopause by performing some blood tests if it cannot be clinically confirmed.
- Foliripe Tablet is not recommended for patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Foliripe 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Foliripe 5 MG
- Foliripe Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Foliripe 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Foliripe Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Foliripe Tablet along with tamoxifen (used to prevent breast cancer) should be avoided as it may alter its effects.
- Other medicines like phenytoin, clopidogrel should be used with caution along with Foliripe Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Foliripe 5 MG
- Store Foliripe Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Foliripe 5 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Foliripe Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Foliripe Tablet?
Q: How to take Foliripe Tablet?
Q: Should Foliripe Tablet be taken with or without food?
Q: How long to take Foliripe Tablet?
- Foliripe Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Foliripe Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Letrozole [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Letrozole: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Letrozole [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Letrozole - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]