Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
10ml Nasal Spray in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
4 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray is used in treating symptoms of allergic rhinitis (sneezing, runny, stuffy nose, teary eyes, etc). It contains fluticasone as its active ingredient, which belongs to a group of medicines called steroids. You must use this medicine as directed by the doctor and follow all the instructions told to you. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray is used to manage and treat symptoms of allergic rhinitis like sneezing, runny, stuffy or itchy nose, teary eyes, etc.
Contraindications of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
- If you are allergic to Fluticasone or any other ingredients of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray.
- If your child is below 4 years old.
Side effects of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea
- Fever, cough
- Altered taste
- Loss of smell
- Nasal discomfort or irritation
- Throat irritation and dryness
- Blurred vision (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
Can I use Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray during pregnancy?
- As there is limited information available about the use of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray in pregnant women, consult your doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will prescribe it to you if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I use Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray while breastfeeding?
As there is limited information available about the use of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray in a breastfeeding woman, consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding. Your doctor will prescribe it to you if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have used Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray?
Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray may make you dizzy and blur your vision. Thus, you should either be cautious or avoid driving while using this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol if I have used Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray. However, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma.
- You have had any nose injury or operation.
- You are suffering from a nose infection.
- This medicine when used in children may cause growth retardation. Thus, it is necessary to keep monitoring the height of children receiving prolonged treatment with Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray.
- Continue using this medicine even if you may not feel that better right away, as it may take a few days for this medicine to work.
- Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray should not be used in children below 4 years of age.
Mode of Action of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
How Does It Work?
Fluticasone in Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray works by blocking certain natural substances in the body that cause inflammation and allergic reactions, reducing itching, redness, swelling.
Directions for Use of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
- Use Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean your nose by gently blowing over a handkerchief or tissue.
- Insert the tip into the affected nose by tilting the head forward in the upright position.
- Use the spray by squeezing the bottle once and inhale inwards.
- Remove the tip from the nostril and repeat the same for the other nostril.
- Do not forget to replace the cap tightly after use.
- Should only be used in the nose, avoid contact with your eyes.
Interactions of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
Interactions with other medicines
- Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.Read less
- Medicines like ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection) should not be used concomitantly along with this medicine unless necessary, as it is known to cause some severe side effects.
- Concomitant use of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray along with ketoconazole, itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections), cobicistat-containing medicines and steroids should be avoided as you may be at an increased risk of having side effects.Read less
Storage and disposal of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
- Store Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
- Excess of Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray may lead to symptoms like fever, shaking, chills, headache, diarrhoea, cramping, vomiting, weakness, fatigue, weight gain.
- Seek urgent medical help if you experience any of these symptoms or feel you have used too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, use it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray safe during pregnancy?
A: The safety data of this medicine is not established during pregnancy. Thus, it should not be used unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Is Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray safe?
A: Yes, it is safe if used as prescribed by the doctor. Using it too frequently and for a prolonged duration can increase the risk of you having side effects.
Q: Can I stop taking Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray on my own?
- No, you should not stop taking Flutiflo 50mcg Nasal Spray unless it is advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good.
- If you stop taking this medicine, the symptoms may come back.
- FLOMIST Aqueous Nasal Spray [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Flixonase Aqueous Nasal Spray - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Flixonase Aqueous Nasal Spray - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 29 Apr 2021 | 05:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved