Fluner 10mg Tablet
By GENO PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Fluner 10mg Tablet contains Flunarizine. It is used in the prevention of migraines. It is not recommended in less than 18 years of age. One may experience an increase in weight, dizziness or depression when taking Fluner 10mg Tablet. It is also important to follow a healthy lifestyle, avoid triggers for migraines like strong smells, sounds, certain food items, extremes of temperature, lack of sleep, etc. Discussion with your doctor may help you identify your migraine attack triggers.
Uses of Fluner 10mg Tablet
Fluner 10mg Tablet is used for preventing and managing migraines. It is useful only in the prevention and not during an acute attack of migraine. It is indicated in patients having frequent attacks of migraine.
Contraindications of Fluner 10mg Tablet
- If you have an allergy to Flunarizine or any other ingredients in the tablet.
- If you have Parkinson’s Disease (decrease mobility and tremors) or have a family history of Parkinson’s Disease.
- If you have suffered from any psychiatric disorders in the past or presently under treatment.
Side effects of Fluner 10mg Tablet
- Weight gain
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Feeling low
Precautions and Warnings of Fluner 10mg Tablet
Can I take Fluner 10mg Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Fluner 10mg Tablet in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant and it should be used if it is needed and advantage overweighs the risk.
Can I take Fluner 10mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Fluner 10mg Tablet passes into human milk. Hence you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Fluner 10mg Tablet?
If Fluner 10mg Tablet makes you dizzy and sleepy, then you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Fluner 10mg Tablet?
Alcohol may increase the risk of tiredness and drowsiness with Fluner 10mg Tablet. If you feel tired or drowsy after taking flunarizine, then you should avoid alcoholic drinks.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from psychiatric disorders.
- You have problems with your liver.
- You are experiencing fatigue, muscle pain and weakness.
- You have Parkinson's disease and are taking medicines for treating the same, as it may potentiate some side-effects like shakiness (tremors), muscle stiffness (rigidity), difficulty in movements (bradykinesia), these are called extrapyramidal symptoms. Fluner 10mg Tablet may not be useful to treat active migraine attack.read less
- It would be best if you regularly visit your doctor during Flunarizine therapy. Any adverse reactions may be detected early and required actions may be taken.
Mode of Action of Fluner 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
One of the reasons for migraine headaches is the overexcitability of brain neurons (cells). This neuronal excitability is mostly due to calcium. Fluner 10mg Tablet blocks calcium entry in these neurons and decreases their excitability and thus helps to prevent such migraine headaches.
Directions for Use of Fluner 10mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- It would be best if you do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Fluner 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You may feel more drowsy or sleepy when taken along with medicines like Diazepam, Alprazolam, Zolpidem and Mephenytoin (which are used to treat some psychiatric illness).
- Women who are on oral contraceptives may experience milky discharge from the nipple (Galactorrhoea) during Flunarizine treatment.
- Medicines such as Carbamazepine and Phenytoin (used in epilepsy or fits) decreases the effect of Flunarizine.
Storage and disposal of Fluner 10mg Tablet
- Store below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You must discard this medicine when it expires or is no longer needed.
Dosage of Fluner 10mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose of Fluner 10mg Tablet are sedation, agitation, confusion, loss of energy and increased heartbeats. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of Fluner 10mg Tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the benefit of Fluner 10mg Tablet?
A: Flunarizine tablet is used mainly to prevent migraine and headaches. It decreases the frequency of migraine attacks.
Q: Can I take Fluner 10mg Tablet along with my sleep medication?
A: Use of Fluner 10mg Tablet along with other sleep medication may increase the likelihood of side effects like excessive drowsiness, tremors and lack of energy. Consult your doctor for advice.
Q: How to take Fluner 10mg Tablet or Flunarizine tablet?
A: It would be best if you took the recommended dose of medicine with a sufficient amount of water and should follow the directions told by your doctor. Preferably take it every day at the same time. Do not miss doses even if you feel better.
Q: What should I do if I experience a headache while using Fluner 10mg Tablet?
A: Headache during the use of Flunarizine may be associated with your underlying problem of migraine. It may take a few days before the effect is seen. Also, it is important to recognise your precipitating factors for migraine and avoid them, however, if the migraine attacks are as frequent as earlier, kindly consult your doctor to check if you require a change in prophylactic therapy or change in the dose of the medicines.
Q: Can I use Fluner 10mg Tablet for migraine?
A: It would be best if you use Fluner 10mg Tablet for migraine prevention only after consulting your physician. You should not self-medicate or take it on your own.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. This may help you remember to take it. Set a reminder or an alarm to go at the time you need to take your medicine.
Q: What precautions do I need to take if I have to use this medicine for a longer time?
A: If the treatment with flunarizine goes for a longer time, you should regularly keep visiting your doctor and should continue to monitor the side effects closely. If you experience anything unusual like a depressed mood, feeling low, then you should immediately visit your doctor or hospital. You may also have increased appetite and weight gain. Hence, it is crucial to exercise and have healthy food.
Q: How long will it take for Fluner 10mg Tablet to work?
A: It may take a few weeks before optimum effects are seen.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 03:09 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved