Fluner 10mg Tablet
By GENO PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fluner 10 mg tablet is used in controlling migraines. It contains Flunarizine as its main ingredient. Migraine is a condition where an individual experiences a headache of varying intensity that is of
ten accompanied by nausea and sensitivity to light and sound. This medicine is not used for an acute attack migraine attack. The use of this medicine is not recommended for children below 18 years of age. It is also important to follow a healthy lifestyle and avoid triggers for migraines like strong smells, sounds, certain food items, extremes of temperature, lack of sleep, etc. Discussion with your doctor may help you identify your migraine attack triggers....
Uses of Fluner 10mg Tablet
Fluner 10 mg tablet is used for preventing and managing migraines. It is useful only in the prevention and not during an acute attack of migraine. It is indicated in patients having frequent attacks o
Contraindications of Fluner 10mg Tablet
- If you have an allergy to Flunarizine or any other ingredients of the Fluner 10 mg tablet.
- If you have Parkinson’s Disease (decrease mobility and tremors) or have a family history of Parkinson’s Disease.
- If you have suffered from any psychiatric disorders in the past or presently under treatment.
Side effects of Fluner 10mg Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Fluner 10mg Tablet
Can I take the Fluner 10 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before using the Fluner 10 mg tablet as there is limited safety information available during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits and need.
Can I take the Fluner 10 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if flunarizine passes into the breastmilk, thus avoid breastfeeding while taking the Fluner 10 mg tablet and consult your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Fluner 10 mg tablet?
Avoid driving if you feel dizzy and sleepy after taking the Fluner 10 mg tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with the Fluner 10 mg tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking the Fluner 10 mg tablet as it may cause excessive sedation.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from psychiatric disorders.
- You have problems with your liver.
- You are experiencing fatigue, muscle pain and weakness.
- You have Parkinson's disease and are taking medicines for treating the same.
- You are an elderly patient.
- It would be best if you regularly visit your doctor during Flunarizine therapy. Any adverse reactions may be detected early and required actions may be taken.
Mode of Action of Fluner 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
One of the reasons for migraine headaches is the overexcitability of brain neurons (cells). This neuronal excitability is mostly due to calcium. Fluner 10 mg tablet blocks calcium entry in these neuro
ns and decreases their excitability and thus helps to prevent such migraine headaches....
Directions for Use of Fluner 10mg Tablet
- Fluner 10 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Fluner 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Fluner 10 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like mephenytoin (which are used to treat some psychiatric illnesses), oral contraceptives or other medicines to treat fits.
- Fluner 10 mg tablet when taken along with medicines like zolpidem diazepam, alprazolam, etc may cause excessive sedation.
Storage and disposal of Fluner 10mg Tablet
- Store the Fluner 10 mg tablets below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Fluner 10mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose may include sedation, agitation, confusion, loss of energy and increased heartbeats. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of the Fluner 10 mg
tablet, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of the Fluner 10 mg tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Fluner 10 mg tablet?
A: Flunarizine tablet is used mainly for the maintenanace and prevention of migraines (severe headache). It decreases the frequency of migraine attacks.
Q: Can I take the Fluner 10 mg tablet along with my sleep medication?
A: Use of the Fluner 10 mg tablet along with other sleep medication may increase the likelihood of side effects like excessive drowsiness, tremors and lack of energy. Consult your doctor for advice.
Q: How to take the Fluner 10 mg tablet or Flunarizine tablet?
A: It would be best if you took the recommended dose of medicine with a sufficient amount of water and should follow the directions told by your doctor. Preferably take it every day at the same time. Do not miss doses even if you feel better.
Q: What should I do if I experience a headache while using the Fluner 10 mg tablet?
A: Headache during the use of Flunarizine may be associated with your underlying problem of migraine. It may take a few days before the effect is seen. Also, it is important to recognise your precipitating factors for migraine and avoid them, however, if the migraine attacks are as frequent as earlier, kindly consult your doctor to check if you require a change in prophylactic therapy or a change in the dose of the medicines.
Q: Can I use the Fluner 10 mg tablet for migraines?
A: It would be best if you use the Fluner 10 mg tablet for migraine prevention only after consulting your physician. You should not self-medicate or take it on your own.
Q: How long will it take for the Fluner 10 mg tablet to work?
A: It may take a few weeks before optimum effects are seen.
Q: Can I take Fluner 10 mg tablet for a headache?
A: Headache can be due to varied reasons thus it is recommended to consult your doctor for evaluating the exact cause. If the headache is due to a migraine attack, then Fluner 10 may be prescribed for the maintenance and prevention of migraine. However, this medicine is not used for acute migraine attacks.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 21 Jul 2021 | 11:09 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved