Flumet 150mg Tablet
By LEEFORD HEALTHCARE LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flumet Tablet is an antifungal medicine containing Fluconazole. Flumet Tablet is used to treat fungal infections caused by various organisms of the skin, blood, urinary tract, mouth, throat and other parts of the body. Fluconazole acts by inhibiting the growth of the fungal cell wall, thus resulting in fungal cell death. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor at a fixed timing to gain optimal benefits. Pregnant and nursing women should not take this medicine. The most common side effects of this medicine are abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, diarrhoea. However, these symptoms of side effects are temporary and go away on their own. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult with your doctor.
Uses of Flumet 150mg Tablet
Flumet Tablet is used to treat fungal infections caused by various organisms.
Contraindications of Flumet 150mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Fluconazole or any other ingredients of Flumet Tablet.
- If you are taking medicines like Astemizole, Terfenadine, Cisapride, Pimozide, Quinidine, Erythromycin.
Side effects of Flumet 150mg Tablet
- Increased liver enzymes
- Skin rash
- Liver damage (loss of appetite, vomiting, yellowing of your skin)
Precautions and Warnings of Flumet 150mg Tablet
Can I take Flumet Tablet during pregnancy?
- Flumet Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy as it can cause potential harm to the unborn baby resulting in birth defects at high doses while threatened pregnancy at normal doses. Thus, it should be avoided during pregnancy.Read less
- Inform your doctor if you get pregnant while on this medicine or think you may be pregnant. It is recommended to use contraception at least for one week even after stopping the medicine.
Can I take Flumet Tablet while breastfeeding?
Fluconazole in Flumet Tablet passes into the breastmilk. Breastfeeding can be continued after a single dose; however, if you are taking this medicine repeatedly or in high doses, breastfeeding is not recommended.
Can I drive if I have consumed Flumet Tablet?
You may experience dizziness or fits while taking Flumet Tablet. If you experience any of these, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Flumet Tablet?
Avoid excess alcohol while taking Flumet Tablet, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease or kidney diseases.
- You have heart diseases and irregular heart rhythm.
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood.
- You have severe skin reactions.
- You have adrenal insufficiency (a condition where the adrenal gland does not produce sufficient steroid hormone).
Mode of Action of Flumet 150mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Flumet Tablet blocks the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme. Thus, resulting in fungal cell death.
Directions for Use of Flumet 150mg Tablet
Flumet Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Flumet 150mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Serious interactions - Terfenadine, Voriconazole, Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Ranolazine, Lomitapide, Donepezil, Pimozide and Quinidine. Never take Fluconazole with these medicines. When used with Fluconazole, these medicines can cause a life-threatening heart rhythm condition (torsades de pointes).Read less
- Medicines used as an anaesthetic like Alfentanil, Fentanyl.
- Medicines used to treat depression like Amitriptyline, Nortriptyline.
- Blood thinners like Warfarin.
- Medicines for anxiety, like Benzodiazepines (Midazolam, Triazolam).
- Medicines to treat fits like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine.
- Medicines for high blood pressure like Nifedipine, Isradipine, Amlodipine, Felodipine and Losartan.
- Medicines used for treating ovarian cancer (Olaparib).
- Medicines used to prevent an organ transplant rejection like Ciclosporin, Everolimus, Sirolimus or Tacrolimus.
- Medicines used for treating cancer (Vincristine, Vinblastine).
- Medicines used for reducing high cholesterol level (Atorvastatin, Simvastatin, and Fluvastatin).
- Medicines for treating pain and inflammation like Celecoxib, Flurbiprofen, Naproxen, Ibuprofen.
- The effect of contraceptive pills might be reduced. The addition of a barrier form of contraception is needed.
- Medicines for HIV (Saquinavir).
- Medicines to control diabetes like Chlorpropamide, Glibenclamide, Glipizide or Tolbutamide.
- Medicines to control asthma (Theophylline).
- Medicines for treating rheumatoid arthritis (Tofacitinib).
- Medicines to treat cystic fibrosis (Ivacaftor).
- Diuretics like Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Medicines used to treat irregular heartbeats (Amiodarone).
Storage and disposal of Flumet 150mg Tablet
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Flumet 150mg Tablet
- Symptoms of an overdose of Flumet Tablet may include feeling or seeing things that are not real (hallucination and paranoid behaviour).
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Flumet Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods.
- Flumet Tablet can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently.
- Hence if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms.
Q: I have cough, cold, flu, can I take Flumet Tablet?
A: No, flu mostly occurs due to viruses. Flumet Tablet works against fungus and not viruses. Take it only if it is prescribed by your doctor for the complete duration of treatment.
Q: What is Flumet Tablet used for?
A: Flumet Tablet is used to treat fungal infections of the skin, mouth, throat, urinary tract and various other parts of the body such as fingernails and toenails caused by various organisms.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Mar 2021 | 11:55 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved