Flamoset Syrup 60ml
By FLAMINGO PHARMACEUTICALS
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flamoset 5 MG Description
Flamoset Syrup 60ml contains Cetirizine Hydrochloride, which is an anti-allergic medication.
|You Save||₹4.35 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Flamoset 5 MG
- Allergies such as dust or pet allergies
- Itchy, runny and blocked nose
- Red and watery eyes
- Swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin
- Insect bite and hives
Contraindications of Flamoset 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Cetirizine, hydroxyzine or any piperazine derivatives
- If you have severe kidney disease
Side effects of Flamoset 5 MG
- Sleepiness, drowsiness
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose (rhinitis)
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Flamoset 5 MG
Can I take Flamoset Syrup 60ml during pregnancy?
- Cetirizine should be avoided by pregnant women.
- There are no adequate and well-controlled studies regarding the safety of this medicine in pregnant women.
- Hence it is better to avoid it in pregnancy unless specified by your physician.
- Consult your doctor for further advice.
Can I take Flamoset Syrup 60ml while breastfeeding?
Flamoset Syrup 60ml passes into breast milk; therefore, it is advised not to take this medicine while breastfeeding unless your doctor has suggested you to do so.
Can I drive if I have consumed Flamoset Syrup 60ml?
This medicine is known to cause sleepiness, hence driving or operating machines should be avoided while you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Flamoset Syrup 60ml?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with this medicine as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problem
- You have bladder problems; this medicine can increase the risk of urinary retention
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy)
Mode of Action of Flamoset 5 MG
How Does It Work?
- Histamine is a substance produced in our body in case of allergies leading to itching, runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes.
- Flamoset Syrup 60ml works by blocking this histamine and hence decreases allergy symptoms.
Directions for Use of Flamoset 5 MG
- Read the instructions on the label before usage
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
Interactions of Flamoset 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat anxiety
- Medicines used to induce sleep
- Medicines used to treat depression
- Medicines used to relax muscles (muscle relaxants)
- Medicines used to relieve pain (prescription analgesics/ painkillers)
Interactions with food items
The administration of this medicine with food does not affect the way this medicine works. Cetirizine may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Flamoset 5 MG
- This medicine does not require any particular storage conditions
- Try to keep it away from children
Dosage of Flamoset 5 MG
- Overdose may cause tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeat, tremor, urinary retention.
- If you experience any of the side effects, contact your doctor immediately
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precaution I need to take while on medication of Flamoset Syrup 60ml?
- Yes, this medicine is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, hence never drive or do any activity like operating machinery after taking this medicine
- If you develop any rash, breathing difficulty or itching immediately after taking this medicine, it could be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed