By MERIDIAN ENTERPRISES PVT LTD
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flamese Injection is a medicine used to relieve pain and inflammation. It contains diclofenac as an active ingredient. It is used to relieve acute pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis, gout, pain following an operation, due to dental procedures and trauma. This medicine works by blocking the formation of a chemical prostaglandin, responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation. The medicines will be given as an injection by a healthcare professional in a hospital or clinic. The dose and duration of the medicine depend on the underlying condition. Before initiating treatment with the medicine you should let the doctor know if you smoke, have diabetes, blood clotting problem, heart condition, etc.
Uses of Flamese Inj
- Flamese Injection is used for relieving acute pain conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, pain due to kidney dysfunction and gout attacks.
- It is used to treat or prevent post-operative pain and pain after surgery or dental procedures.
Contraindications of Flamese Inj
- If you are allergic to diclofenac other ingredients of the injection.ou suffer from liver, heart or kidney failure.
- If you have a history of a blood clotting disorder or you tend to bleed easily.
- If you have or had an active stomach or intestinal ulcer or bleeding problems.
- If you have a history of stomach ulcers or bleed due to the use of painkillers.
- If you recently had surgery or operation, which has an associated risk of bleeding.
- If you are pregnant, in the last trimester, you may have a history of an asthma attack, or you may have dehydration.
- If you are using medicine to stop blood clottings like heparin, or other pain killers like ibuprofen, celecoxib, etc.
- If you have experienced an episode of allergic reaction upon painkiller use like asthma, skin rashes, swelling & nasal congestion.
- If you suffer from brain and heart diseases like heart attack, stroke, heart failure, problems with blood circulation, or circulatory disease.
Side effects of Flamese Inj
- Injection site pain
Precautions and Warnings of Flamese Inj
Can I take Flamese Injection during pregnancy?
Due to lack of safety information this medicine is not recommended in pregnant women, especially during the last trimester of pregnancy. If you think you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, seek immediate medical advice.
Can I take Flamese Injection while breastfeeding?
Due to lack of safety information this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Flamese Injection?
Avoid driving if you experience dizziness, visual disturbance, spinning head, sleepiness, or drowsiness while on treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Flamese Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Flamese Injection, it is essential to consult the physician if you have a habit of regular drinking. Consuming alcohol while taking pain killers is known to increase the risk of bleeding, ulcer and perforation in the stomach and intestine (upper gastrointestinal tract).
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are already using other painkillers.
- Your kidneys are not working properly and you experience swelling and water retention.
- You suffer from skin rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
- You have a hereditary disorder of intolerance to some sugars like lactose and glucose.
- You suffer from autoimmune disorders like systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are trying to conceive or taking treatment for infertility, should discontinue the medicine.
- You have asthma, or you are prone to seasonal allergies, rhinitis, and other lung and throat problems.
- You have a history of stomach or bowel disorders like gastrointestinal bleeding or Crohn's disease.
- You are an elderly patient, or with low body weight, the doctor may reduce your dose of the medicine.
- You have liver disease, close monitoring of liver function is required.
- You have heart problems like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes, or you are an active smoker.
- You may develop stomach or intestinal bleeding problems during the treatment, the risk is more if you are using aspirin.
Mode of Action of Flamese Inj
How Does It Work?
Flamese Injection interfere with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the sensation of pain and swelling. It reduces pain and swelling.
Directions for Use of Flamese Inj
- Flamese Injection will be given to you in a hospital by the doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject the medicine. Follow the aftercare instruction given by the doctor.
Interactions of Flamese Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of diclofenac with medicines like water pills and other blood pressure medicines like furosemide, propranolol, atenolol, and telmisartan decrease the blood pressure lowering effects and thus should be cautiously used in elderly patients.Read less
- Water pills like chlorothiazide, chlorthalidone and immunosuppressants like tacrolimus and ciclosporin may increase the potassium level if taken along with Flamese Injection.
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like warfarin and medicines to treat brain conditions like escitalopram and fluoxetine increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Using antidiabetics along with the injection affect the blood sugar level. The doctor may ask to monitor blood sugar levels regularly.
- Antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin cause fits (you may have a history of fits or seizures) if taken along with the medicine.
- Diclofenac must not be used for 10-12 days after the use of mifepristone, as it reduces the effect of the medicine.
- Other medicines like phenytoin for fits, sulfinpyrazone and voriconazole, colestipol, cholestyramine, lithium used to treat brain conditions and digoxin used to treat heart failure must be used cautiously.Read less
- Inform the doctor about the other medicine, supplement or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Flamese Inj
- Store Flamese Injection below 30°C at a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Flamese Inj
Flamese Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus the chances of an overdose are unlikely. You may experience headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, unconsciousness, excitation, dizziness, drowsiness. Inform the doctor or seek medical help.
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that a dose of the injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare setup. However, if you have missed taking a dose of the injection, inform the doctor or nurse immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the time of the effect of the injection last?
A: It varies among individuals depending on the physiological nature of an individual. The effects last for 12 hours.
Q: Is Flamese Injection safe during pregnancy?
A: Avoid during pregnancy, in the third trimester of pregnancy. Consult the doctor for more information.
Q: How to store Flamese Injection?
A: Store the injection below 30°C. Avoid using the unused portion once opened.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- DICLOMAX Injection [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Diclofenac [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Injection D. DICLOTAL-AQ Injection – BLUE CROSS [Internet]. Bluecrosslabs.com. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Alcohol and NSAIDs Increase Risk for Upper GI Bleeding [Internet]. American Academy of Family Physicians. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
Last Updated on: 17 Jun 2021 | 08:19 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved