Flagyl 200mg Suspension 60ml
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
60ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flagyl 200 MG Description
Flagyl Suspension is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for treating infections caused by bacteria and parasites. Flagyl is used to treat various types of infections of the skin, stomach, lungs, inte
stines, liver, private parts, etc. It also helps to treat dental infections and is also used to prevent an infection after surgery. Flagyl Suspension contains metronidazole as its active ingredient. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without consulting your doctor.
|You Save||₹3.63 (12% on MRP)|
|Uses||Bacterial and parasitic infection|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Metronidazole(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Flagyl 200 MG
- Flagyl Suspension is used in treating infections of the skin, lungs, heart, stomach, liver, intestines, joints, bones, private parts, etc. It is also helpful for treating dental infections.
- It is also used to prevent an infection after a surgery or an operation.
Contraindications of Flagyl 200 MG
- If you are allergic to metronidazole or any other ingredients of Flagyl Suspension.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Flagyl 200 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Flagyl 200 MG
Can I take Flagyl Suspension during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Flagyl Suspension as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Flagyl Suspension while breastfeeding?
Metronidazole passes into breastmilk. Thus, Flagyl Suspension should be avoided by lactating mothers. When using this medicine for a longer duration, your doctor may advise you to discontinue breastfeeding for 12 to 24 hours after single-dose treatment. You should consult a doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Flagyl Suspension?
Flagyl Suspension may cause drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, hallucinations, fits or temporary visual disturbances like blurred vision. Thus, you should be cautious or avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Flagyl Suspension?
You must not consume alcohol along with Flagyl Suspension and for 48 hours after treatment with this medicine as it may produce side effects like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, headaches, hot flashes and palpitations.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver.
- You are on dialysis.
- You are suffering from any nervous system disorders.
- You experience any blood disorder, anaemia and abnormal blood count.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using Flagyl Suspension.
- Do not use Flagyl Suspension for any other conditions other than that specified by your doctor.
Mode of Action of Flagyl 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Metronidazole is an antiprotozoal and antibacterial agent that produces free radicals and damages the cells and DNA of protozoa, killing the infection-causing microorganisms.
Directions for Use of Flagyl 200 MG
- Take Flagyl Suspension as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Flagyl 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Flagyl Suspension may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Use of Warfarin (blood thinner) along with this medicine can alter its effects.
- Flagyl Suspension should be used with caution along with disulfiram (used in the treatment of chronic alcoholism).
- This medicine should not be concomitantly used along with lithium (used in mental health problems).
- Other medicines like phenobarbital, phenytoin or carbamazepine (used in fits), busulfan, 5-fluorouracil (used to treat cancer), ciclosporin or tacrolimus (used after organ transplants) should be used with caution along with Flagyl Suspension....
Storage and disposal of Flagyl 200 MG
- Flagyl Suspension should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Flagyl 200 MG
Symptoms of overdose may be vomiting, impaired balance or coordination, slightly disoriented. Seek urgent medical help if you feel you have taken Flagyl Suspension in excess.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Suspension Flagyl on my own?
- No, you should never stop taking Flagyl Suspension until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good.
- If you stop taking this medicine it may lead to treatment failure, recurrence of infection and may produce side effects as well.
Q: Is Flagyl good for stomach upset?
A: Flagyl Suspension is an antibiotic medicine used to treat various bacterial and parasitic infections. This medicine can be used to treat stomach upset if caused by a specific infection-causing organism. Consult your doctor for an appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan. Do not self-medicate.
- Metronidazole Oral Suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole Oral Suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- LactMed - Metronidazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Metronidazole - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed