Finast 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Finast 5 MG Description
Finast 5mg tablet is used in men for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (a condition in men where the prostate gland is enlarged, making it difficult to pass urine). It contains finasterid
e as its active ingredient. This medicine should only be used by men who are above 18 years of age. Women, children and adolescents should not use this tablet. Finast 5mg tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹87.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Benign prostatic hyperplasia|
|Side effects||Reduced sex drive, unable to get an erection, sexual problems|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA|
Check more medicines with composition as Finasteride(5.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Finast 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Fincar 5mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 215.21₹ 182.93₹ 18.29/Tablet
Uses of Finast 5 MG
Finast 5mg tablet is used in men to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (a common condition in older men where the prostate gland is enlarged, making it difficult to pass urine).
Contraindications of Finast 5 MG
- If you are allergic to finasteride or any other ingredients of Finast 5mg tablet.
- If you are already taking a similar medicine to treat an enlarged prostate gland like dutasteride.
- If you are less than 18 years of age.
- If you are a woman.
Side effects of Finast 5 MG
- Reduced sex drive.
- Unable to get an erection.
- Sexual problems (abnormal ejaculation).
Precautions and Warnings of Finast 5 MG
Can I take Finast 5mg tablet during pregnancy?
- Finast 5mg tablet is meant for use only in men and should not be taken by women. If your partner is pregnant or thinks she may be pregnant, you must use protection while having sexual intercourse.
- Men who are planning to have a baby must first consult a doctor, as this medicine may affect male fertility.
- Please reach out to your doctor for further information.
Can I take Finast 5mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Finast 5mg tablet is meant for use only in men and should not be taken by women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Finast 5mg tablet?
It is not expected that Finast 5mg tablet would affect your ability to drive and use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Finast 5mg tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Finast 5mg tablet. It is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are planning to have a child.
- You notice any changes in your breast (like pain, lumps, nipple discharge, etc).
- You are due to have a blood test, as Finast 5mg tablet may alter the results. Inform the doctor or staff person that you are taking this medicine.
- You notice any changes in your mood like depression, feeling low, suicidal thoughts, etc. Discontinue taking this medicine and contact your doctor immediately.
- Finast 5mg tablet must not be used by women, children or adolescents (below 18 years).
Mode of Action of Finast 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Finasteride in Finast 5mg tablet works by blocking the action of an enzyme (5-alpha-reductase) that converts testosterone to another hormone (DHT) which is responsible for enlarged prostate in men. Thus, blocking the hormone, helps shrink the prostate & improve your condition....
Directions for Use of Finast 5 MG
- Finast 5mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Finast 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Finast 5mg tablet if taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking for any disorder....
Storage and disposal of Finast 5 MG
- Finast 5mg tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Finast 5 MG
Seek urgent medical help if you feel you have taken too much of Finast 5mg tablet.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Finast 5mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Finast 5mg tablet be used by children?
A: Finast 5mg tablet should not be used in people less than 18 years old.
Q: Can I plan to have a baby if I am taking Finast 5mg tablet?
A: It is advised that you first complete the entire treatment and then plan a baby, as Finast 5mg tablet may affect male fertility or sexual activity. Seek proper advice from your doctor.
- Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 March 2022]
- Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 15 March 2022]
- Finasteride 5mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 March 2022]
- Finasteride 5mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 March 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed