Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml
10ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml contains ferric carboxymaltose. It is used to treat iron deficiency anaemia (a condition in which your body has too little of the mineral iron, required to make haemoglobin) in adults. Iron is needed to produce the red blood cells that carry oxygen around your body. The injectable or parenteral form is advised when you could not tolerate or be successfully treated with iron supplements taken by mouth. It works by restoring iron storage in the body to make more red blood cells. It is given as an injection or infusion (saline drip) into a vein by your doctor or nurse. It may cause a temporary increase in blood pressure accompanied by facial redness, dizziness, and nausea and may disappear within 30 minutes. If you experience any adverse effect inform your doctor immediately.
Uses of Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml
Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml is used to treat iron deficiency in adults when oral iron preparations are ineffective or cannot be used.
Contraindications of Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml
- If you are allergic to ferric carboxy maltose or any other component of Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml.
- If you have a known serious allergy to other parenteral iron products.
- If you have anaemia not related to iron deficiency such as microcytic anaemia.
- If you have evidence of iron overload or disturbances in the utilisation of iron in the body.
Side effects of Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml
- Hypophosphatemia (decreased phosphate level)
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml
Can I take Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml on human pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed.
Can I take Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effects of Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml on breastfeeding mother. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother, he may give you this medicine only if it is needed. Do not take any other medicine without talking to your doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml?
Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml does not alter the ability to drive. However, if you experience any undesirable adverse effect which disrupts the driving ability. Avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml?
There is limited data available about the effect of alcohol on Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml. Consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have decreased phosphate level.
- You have or had any liver or kidney disease.
- You have an infection or condition like asthma, skin infection.
- You have been advised by a doctor for any laboratory test and you are on parenteral iron.
- Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml is not recommended to be used in children.
Mode of Action of Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml
How Does It Work?
Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml works by replenishing (fill up) iron stores so that the body can make more red blood cells.
Directions for Use of Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml
- This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml
- Store Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml at a temperature not exceeding 30 °C in the original package to protect from light.
- Use immediately after dilution or first opening of the medicinal product. Do not freeze.
Dosage of Ferinject 500mg Inj 10ml
This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection inform your doctor or nurse immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which food supplements are rich in iron?
- Leafy green food such as spinach, kale along with Vitamin C rich food like oranges, red peppers, and strawberries may increase iron absorption.
- Red meat, poultry, and seafood.
- Beans such as kidney beans, chickpeas, soybeans, black beans.
- Nuts and seeds like pumpkin seeds, cashews, pistachio.
Q: What is the difference between infusion and injection?
A: The difference between infusion and injection is the duration of administration. Injections are given as a single shot and are often done within minutes. On the other hand, infusions can be given via saline drip or injecting slowly and can take between 30 minutes to several hours.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 02:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved