Fenolip 145mg Tablet
Fenolip 145 MG Description
Fenolip 145 tablet contains fenofibrate used to treat high cholesterol levels and high triglycerides (a type of bad cholesterol). High cholesterol and triglyceride levels lead to clogging of arteries
, thus increasing the risk of heart diseases. This medicine is used along with specific diet, exercise and lifestyle modifications for reducing the fat levels of the body. This reduces the risk of building up plaque in the blood vessels eventually reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke. This medicine is not recommended in patients with severe kidney or liver diseases. It may cause muscle breakdown and rhabdomyolysis in some patients, a condition that can be fatal which may have symptoms such as severe tiredness and weakness, particularly in the elderly with muscle disorders.
|You Save||₹47.02 (20% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Stomach discomfort, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, faltulence or gas|
Uses of Fenolip 145 MG
Contraindications of Fenolip 145 MG
- If you are allergic to fenofibrate or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- If you suffer from a liver disease.
- If you suffer from a severe kidney disorder.
- If you have experienced allergic reactions to light during treatment with fenofibrate or ketoprofen.
- If you have a disease involving the gallbladder.
- If you have any problem related to the pancreas.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Fenolip 145 MG
- Pain or discomfort in the stomach
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Faltulence or gas
Precautions and Warnings of Fenolip 145 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have an intolerance to certain sugars (lactose intolerance).
- You or someone in your family has muscle-related disorders.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as liver or kidney disease, thyroid disorder etc.
- You consume too much alcohol.
Mode of Action of Fenolip 145 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fenolip 145 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor with food.
- Swallow this tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Fenolip 145 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Fenolip 145 tablet if taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder. ...
- Concomitant use of the Fenolip 145 tablet with blood thinners (aspirin, warfarin) may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Reversible problems related to kidneys have been reported on the simultaneous use of the Fenolip 145 tablet and immunosuppressants like cyclosporin.
- Use of fenofibrate with other fat lowering medicines(other fibrates and statins) should be done carefully as it increases the risk of muscle damage.
- Effects of this medicine may be reduced in patients taking birth control pills (oestrogen-containing oral contraceptives).
Storage and disposal of Fenolip 145 MG
- Store at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fenolip 145 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow with Fenolip 145 tablet?
Q: How should I take Fenolip 145 tablet?
- Take Fenolip 145 tablet as prescribed by your doctor. It works best when taken along with your meals.
Q: What are the side effects of Fenolip 145?
- Stomach discomfort, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, flatulence or gas are a few side effects of Fenolip 145. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own.
Q: What is Fenolip 145 mg used for?
- Fenolip 145 is used to treat high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides (combined hyperlipidemia) in patients who have normal kidney and liver function, when statins cannot be given or stand insufficient when given alone....
- Fenofibrate 160mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Fenofibrate 160mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Drugs Affecting Blood and Blood Formation: 599-634.