F Thixol 0.5mg Tablet
F Thixol 0.5 MG Description
F Thixol 0.5 mg Tablet is a prescription medicine indicated for patients with Schizophrenia and Depression. Schizophrenia is a mental illness characterised by hallucinations and delusions wherein
a person cannot differentiate between reality and imaginary thoughts. Depression refers to a persistent feeling of sadness, loss of interest and hopelessness that affects everyday life. F Thixol tablet has Flupentixol dihydrochloride as the primary ingredient. It is a type of antipsychotic that acts by blocking specific brain signals that further relieve the symptoms. Fatigue, headache, insomnia, increase in appetite, weight gain, dry mouth etc., are various side effects of F Thixol 0.5 mg Tablet. F Thixol tablet can only be taken with a doctor’s recommendation. Please adhere to the prescribed dose and duration. Always report complete medical history to the doctor to avoid further complications. F Thixol is known to initiate suicidal thoughts in some patients. Report to the doctor immediately if you notice a change in thoughts.
|You Save||₹3.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Flupentixol / Flupenthixol(0.5 Mg)|
|Side effects||Fatigue, Headache, Insomnia, Increase in appetite, Weight gain, Dry mouth, Constipation, Tremors|
Uses of F Thixol 0.5 MG
- F Thixol is used to manage-
Contraindications of F Thixol 0.5 MG
- F Thixol is contraindicated if-
- You are allergic or hypersensitive to Flupentixol
- You have a history of severe depression or mania
Side effects of F Thixol 0.5 MG
- Increase in Appetite
- Weight Gain
- Dry Mouth
Precautions and Warnings of F Thixol 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a medical history of kidney, liver, lung, or mental disorders.
- You or any family member has a history of depression, suicidal thoughts.
- You have a blood disorder.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like headache, muscle pain, restlessness, anxiety, sweating, diarrhoea, confusion etc. Do not discontinue the medicine without consulting the doctor.
- You want to drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery after taking the F Thixol tablets.
- You notice any changes in vision like blurred vision
Mode of Action of F Thixol 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of F Thixol 0.5 MG
- F Thixol tablets should only be taken with a doctor’s recommendation. It is generally prescribed for a longer duration.
- F Thixol tablet should be consumed orally with water.
- The tablets should not be distorted in any way by either crushing or breaking them for use.
- F Thixol tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Please follow a proper routine, and the timings of having the tablets should be consistent.
- Do not stop or alter the dose of F Thixol tablets without consulting the doctor. It can worsen the present situation and cause withdrawal symptoms.
Interactions of F Thixol 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Alprazolam (anti-anxiety) can increase the sedative action of Alprazolam.
- Amantadine (a medicine used in Parkinson's disease) can decrease the efficacy of Amantadine if used in combination.
- Diclofenac (painkiller) can increase the risk of high blood pressure.
- Fluconazole (antifungal) can increase the risk of heart rhythm disorder.
- Nimesulide (medicine for fever) can lower blood pressure.
- Promethazine(anti-allergy) can increase the depressive action on the nervous system.
Storage and disposal of F Thixol 0.5 MG
Dosage of F Thixol 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Suneet Monga
BDS, MDS (Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry) MMCDSR
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)