Exito Plus Tablets
Exito Plus Tablets Description
Exito Plus tablet is a combination of anti-epileptic and antidepressant medication. The uses of Exito Plus tablet include treatment and prevention of generalised anxiety disorder and depressive disor
der. This medicine is a combination of Escitalopram and Clonazepam. This medicine is used to control panic attacks. Exito plus tablet belongs to the benzodiazepine group of medications. Exito Plus tablet acts by inducing a soothing effect on the brain. The most common side effects of Exito plus tablet include drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, loss of focus, delayed ejaculation, confusion, vomiting, diarrhoea, uncoordinated body movement and increased secretion of saliva in the mouth. Exito plus should be taken under a doctor’s prescription as this medication can increase self-harming thoughts and behaviours amongst teenagers, children, and young adults. If you feel depressed for no particular reason while on this medication, inform your psychiatrist. If you notice any behavioural changes in yourself, talk to your psychiatrist. Other side effects of Exito plus tablet include rash, itching, sore throat and fever. This medication is advised to be taken in a single dose each day. In adults, the effects of this medicine last for 6 to 8 hours on average. In newborns and children, this time increases to 12 hours. The medication's action can be seen within 30 to 40 minutes of intake. If you are suffering from an irregular heartbeat or are allergic to certain ingredients present in Exito plus, it is advisable to consult with a psychiatrist first. Also, this medication is harmful in pregnancy and during lactation.
|You Save||₹13.48 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Escitalopram Oxalate(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Dizziness, Fatigue, Loss of focus, Delayed ejaculation, Confusion, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Uncoordinated body movem|
Uses of Exito Plus Tablets
- According to CDSCO, Exito plus tablet is used:
- In the treatment of anxiety disorder
Contraindications of Exito Plus Tablets
- Exito plus tablet is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you have hypersensitivity to clonazepam or escitalopram, avoid it
- If you have liver disease do not take this medication without a prescription
- If you are suffering from narrow-angle glaucoma, taking Exito plus tablet can increase intraocular pressure
- If you have taken MAOIs (Monoamine oxidase inhibitors) within the last 14 days, Exito plus tablet is unsafe
- If you have the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), the respiratory depressive effects of the Exito plus tablet can be fatal
Side effects of Exito Plus Tablets
- Exito plus tablet has the following side effects:
- Delayed ejaculation
- Memory Impairment
- Uncoordinated body movements
Precautions and Warnings of Exito Plus Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You feel that Exito Plus tablet is not benefitting, as it can take a couple of weeks before you feel relief in symptoms.
- You experience depressing or suicidal thoughts.
- You experience decreased sexual drive after taking Exito plus tablet.
- You are taking other medication or have any allergies related to the constituents of these medicines.
Mode of Action of Exito Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Exito Plus Tablets
- Follow your doctor's recommendations when taking the Exito plus tablet.
- Consume Exito Plus tablet whole without crushing, chewing, breaking, or opening.
- Take the Exito plus tablet at the same time every day with food. It may interact with caffeine-containing foods, so avoid them. The symptoms may take up to four weeks to improve.
- Continue taking this medication until your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Do stop taking the medication without speaking with your doctor first.
Interactions of Exito Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- The combined use of Exito Forte tablet and valproic acid is linked with the absence of seizures.
- Anticonvulsants like Carbamazepine interact with Exito plus tablet by decreasing its therapeutic effect.
- Antibiotics like rifampin and rifabutin interaction enhance the Exito Forte tablet's metabolism, reducing its effect.
- CNS depressants interact with Exito plus tablets leading to an increase in serum levels of clonazepam.
- Antifungal medications like itraconazole, ketoconazole, and labetalol may cause clonazepam toxicity when interacting with Exito plus tablets.
- Atenolol (Beta-blockers) and clonazepam interaction can lower blood pressure in those with hypertension.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid caffeine foods such as tea, coffee, and chocolates while using the Exito plus tablet. This is because coffee stimulates the brain, whereas Exito plus relaxes it. As a result, consuming excess coffee may limit this prescription's ability to relax the brain....
Storage and disposal of Exito Plus Tablets
Dosage of Exito Plus Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does the Exito Plus tablet induce sleepiness or drowsiness?
Q: Can I take a higher than the prescribed dose of Exito plus tablets?
Q: Can I stop using Exito plus tablet after my symptoms are relieved?
- Clonazepam: Bullous dermatosis in an elderly patient: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 1440(1):13. 2013 [cited 17 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- DailyMed - clonazepam- Clonazepam tablet [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 17 Mar 2022]. Available
- Escitalopram: Galactorrhoea: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 1526(1):60–60. 2014 [cited 17 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- DailyMed - ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE tablet [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 17 Mar 2022]. Available
- Sandoz.ca. [cited 17 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- Fda.gov. [cited 17 Mar 2022]. Available from: