Esoprz 20mg Tablet
Esoprz 20 MG Description
Esoprz Tablet is a medicine used to reduce acid in your stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcers, acid reflux disease and to eradicate a bacteria called H.Pylori to reduce the risk of intestin
al ulcers. It is also used for the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Esoprz Tablet contains esomeprazole as an active ingredient. It must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take the medicine at least one hour before food.
- Sompraz 20 Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.00₹ 95.92₹ 6.39/Tablet
- Esoz 20mg TabletBy Integrace Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 121.50₹ 103.27₹ 6.88/Tablet
- Nexpro 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 102.10₹ 86.78₹ 5.79/Tablet
- Raciper 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 93.25₹ 79.26₹ 5.28/Tablet
- Izra 20mg Tablet 15'sBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.45₹ 68.38₹ 4.56/Tablet
Uses of Esoprz 20 MG
- Esoprz Tablet is used to treat and prevent ulcers in the stomach and intestine.
- It provides relief from heartburn, chest pain due to acid reflux disease like GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease).
- It is used to treat Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a rare condition of increased acid production in the stomach due to the tumour.
- The medicine is used to treat ulcers due to excessive use of pain killers and antibiotics.
- It is used to eradicate the infection of a bacteria, H. Pylori, which if left untreated, causes ulcers.
Contraindications of Esoprz 20 MG
- If you are allergic to esomeprazole or other ingredients of Esoprz Tablet.
- If you are allergic to proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole, lansoprazole, omeprazole, rabeprazole.
- If you are taking anti-HIV medicine nelfinavir.
Side effects of Esoprz 20 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Esoprz 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with the liver or kidneys.
- You are taking Esoprz Tablet for long-term.
- You are taking anti-HIV medicines like atazanavir or nelfinavir.
- You have or had an allergic reaction after taking similar medicines in the past.
- You develop stomach infections after using Esoprz Tablet.
- You have weight loss, frequent vomiting, difficulty in swallowing and notice blood in vomit.
- You are undergoing treatment for a bacterial infection caused by H. pylori and taking clarithromycin (an antibiotic).
- You have vitamin B12 deficiency.
- You have a skin disorder, (lupus or SLE), characterised by a rash on areas of skin exposed to the sun.
- You have a magnesium deficiency.
- You must let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using the medicine while going for a lab test (Chromogranin A).
- Esoprz Tablet is not recommended for children under the age of 12 years.
Mode of Action of Esoprz 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Esoprz 20 MG
- Esoprz Tablet must be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take at least an hour before the meals.
- Take the medicine at the same time for optimal result.
Interactions of Esoprz 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Esoprz Tablet works or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Inform the doctor regarding a planned surgery or vaccination schedule.
- Taking blood thinners, medicines to treat heart problems, mental health problems, fungal infections, fits, HIV infection, cancer, heartburn, tuberculosis, organ transplantation.
Storage and disposal of Esoprz 20 MG
- Store Esoprz Tablet at a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Esoprz 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Esoprz Tablet?
Q: Can Esoprz Tablet be used in children?
Q: Can I take a Esoprz Tablet after having food?
- ESOMAC Tablets (Esomeprazole magnesium) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 15 June 2021]
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 June 2021].
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 June 2021].