Esole 10mg Sachet Of 1gm Granules
Esole 10 MG Description
Esole Granules is used to treat acid reflux disease, stomach and intestinal ulcers and to eradicate a bacteria called H.Pylori to reduce the risk of intestinal ulcers. It is also used in treating a c
ondition called Zollinger-Ellison syndrome characterised by excessive stomach acid production due to tumours in the pancreas. Esole Granules contains esomeprazole as the active ingredient. It acts by lowering the acid production in the stomach. Esole Granules should be taken in doses and duration as advised by the doctor or pharmacist. It should be preferably taken on an empty stomach one hour before a meal. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
|Uses||GERD, stomach ulcers, acidity|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach pain, bloating|
- Esomac 10mg Sachet Of 1gm GranulesBy Cipla Limited1g Granules in SachetMRP 14.52₹ 12.6321.06% CHEAPER₹ 12.63/Gram
Uses of Esole 10 MG
- For the treatment of ulcers in the stomach and intestine.
- Provides relief from heartburn, pain and chest pain due to acid reflux disease (Gastroesophageal reflux disease).
- To treat Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a condition of increased acid production in the stomach due to a tumour.
- It helps to eradicate infection of the bacteria H. Pylori, which if left untreated, can cause ulcers.
Contraindications of Esole 10 MG
- If you are allergic to Esomeprazole or any other ingredients of Esole Granules.
- If you are taking an anti-HIV medicine - Nelfinavir.
Side effects of Esole 10 MG
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Esole 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are undergoing long term treatment of this medicine.
- You are using anti-HIV medicines like Atazanavir or Nelfinavir.
- You develop stomach infections after using Esole Granuless.
- You have unexplained weight loss, frequent vomiting, difficulty in swallowing and blood vomitings.
- You are an elderly patient on a long term therapy. It increases the risk of fracture of hip, wrist and spine bones.
- You have a vitamin B12 deficiency. The use of this medicine can result in very low levels of Vitamin B12 in prolonged therapy.
- You are undergoing treatment for a bacterial infection caused by H. pylori and are using an antibiotic called Clarithromycin.
- You have a skin disorder, Subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus, characterised by a rash on areas of skin exposed to the sun.
- You have a magnesium deficiency. It can result in very low levels of magnesium characterised by weakness, fits and irregular heartbeat.
Mode of Action of Esole 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Esole 10 MG
- Esole Granuless should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than recommended by the doctor.
Interactions of Esole 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Esole Granules works or Esole Granules itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of Digoxin, a medicine used to treat heart failure with Esole Granules increases the effect of Digoxin and may result in toxicity.
- The use of anti-HIV medicines like Atazanavir and Nelfinavir with this medicine can decrease the effect of anti-HIV medicines.
- Esole mg can increase the effect of Phenytoin, a medicine used to control fits, Voriconazole (antifungal) and Diazepam, a medicine used for a psychiatric disorder.
- The blood-thinning action of Warfarin is increased when used together with Esole mg and there is a risk of bleeding.
- Other medicines such as Cisapride (used for constipation), Clopidogrel & Cliostazal (Blood thinner), Tacrolimus and Methotrexate (Immunosuppressants) should be used cautiously with Esole Granuless.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Esole 10 MG
- Esole Granuless should be stored in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Esole 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)