Esofine 40mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
This medicine is a proton pump inhibitor which is used for reducing and controlling the production of stomach acids. The generic name of Esofine 40mg Tab is esomeprazole.
Uses of Esofine 40mg Tab
- Stomach ulcer
- Ulcer in the first part of the intestines that is duodenum
- Stomach infection by Helicobacter pylori (along with antibiotics)
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease called heartburn, in which acid from stomach reflux back into the food pipe (oesophagus)
Contraindications of Esofine 40mg Tab
- Allergic reaction to this medicine or other proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole, lanzoprazole, rabeprazole and omeprazole
- Stomach cancer suspects
- Currently undergoing treatment for HIV
Side effects of Esofine 40mg Tab
- Allergic reaction
- Skin rash
- Increased risk of infection on long-term usage
- Reduced blood sodium and potassium levels
- Skin blistering
- Erosion of skin of nose, lips, mouth and genitals
- Increased sensitivity to light.
Precautions and Warnings of Esofine 40mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine during pregnancy is not known. Your doctor will assess your situation and compare the risk and benefits of the medicine before its prescription during pregnancy.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
The potential passage of this medicine into breastmilk is not known due to limited research. Kindly consult your doctor before the consumption of this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
Do not drive if you experience side effects such as dizziness or disturbed vision after the administration of this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Excess intake of alcohol results in acid production and heartburn. Hence, avoid alcohol consumption along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
You have a history of stomach surgery, severe kidney disorders, liver problems or jaundice, are above 55 years of age (who had to administer this medicine for a long time), had skin reactions on the treatment with this medicine or similar medicines, had skin rashes on exposure to sunlight while being on the treatment with this medicine and experience diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Esofine 40mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The composition of Esofine 40mg Tab binds to the proton pumps of stomach cells (which are responsible for acid production); thereby, reducing the stomach acid production.
Directions for Use of Esofine 40mg Tab
Take the dosage of Esofine 40mg Tab along with water and as per you doctor's instructions.
Interactions of Esofine 40mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine interacts with the working of other medicines like itraconazole, ketoconazole, erlotinib, methotrexate (used in case of certain cancer types)
- This medicine also interferes with the action of medicines, such as nelfinavir, tenofovir, atazanavir and rilpivirine, used in case of AIDS and also with warfarin and phenprocoumon that affect the thinning and thickening of the bloodread less
Interactions with food items
This medicine is not known to interact with food; however, nicotine, caffeine and alcohol are known to increase the levels of acids in stomach and must be avoided during the administration of this medicine.
Other general Interactions
If you are suffering from AIDS, stomach cancer and liver- or kidney-related diseases, you need to consider taking an alternative medicine through a proper discussion with the doctor.
Storage and disposal of Esofine 40mg Tab
The medicine needs to kept under ambient temperature (less than 25°C) away from heat, moisture and light. Standard waste management protocols must be followed in the proper disposal of expired or unused medicines.
Dosage of Esofine 40mg Tab
Overdose of Esofine 40mg Tab causes dry mouth, nausea, headache, drowsiness, blurred vision, fast heartbeat, tremor, loss of coordination, confusion and convulsions.
Missed a Dose
The missed dose must be taken at the time when it is recalled. However, if the time for the next dose is approaching, you need to skip the missed dose and follow the systematic schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What special precautions to be taken during the administration of this medicine?
A: Consumption of this medicine for a long term might cause diarrhoea, clostridium difficile infection, atrophic gastritis and malabsorption disorder. Thus, this medicine must be taken for a limited period as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: How long this medicine must be taken?
A: This medicine requires about five days to one week to show its effects based on the user's condition. It is usually prescribed to be taken for a period of six months to one year. It is mandatory to take this medicine for the duration prescribed and instructed by the doctor.
- DailyMed. Label: Esomeprazole magnesium – esomeprazole magnesium capsule, delayed release pellets.
- MedlinePlus. Esomeprazole.
- WebMD. Esomeprazole magnesium.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine. National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubChem. Esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Esomeprazole.
- Scott LJ, et al. Esomeprazole: a review of its use in the management of acid-related disorder. 2002.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 10:01 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved