Esgipyrin Tablet 15's
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Esgipyrin Tablet contains Diclofenac and Paracetamol. Esgipyrin Tablet is pain-relieving medicine used for relieving headaches, body aches, backache, joint pain and toothache. It also helps in reducing swelling, pain and stiffness in the case of arthritis and spondylitis. It works by reducing the formation of certain chemicals responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation.
Uses of Esgipyrin Tablet 15'S
Esgipyrin Tablet is used for relieving pain and inflammation associated with various conditions.
Contraindications of Esgipyrin Tablet 15'S
- If you are allergic to Paracetamol, Diclofenac or other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have severe heart problems such as heart failure, high blood pressure or brain diseases.
- If you have liver and kidney disorder or dysfunction.
- If you experience asthma, skin rashes, swelling & allergies after taking aspirin or any other painkillers.
- If you have a history of frequent stomach ulcers and bleeding or have an active ulcer.
- If you are pregnant, especially in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Esgipyrin Tablet 15'S
- Black stools
- Stomach pain
- Mouth ulcer
- Loose motions
- Skin rashes
- Excess sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Esgipyrin Tablet 15'S
Can I take the Esgipyrin Tablet during pregnancy?
It is unsafe to take the Esgipyrin Tablet during pregnancy. Hence, it should not be taken by a pregnant woman. Taking this medicine during pregnancy can cause defects in the baby's heart or even delayed delivery or increase the risk of bleeding.
Can I take the Esgipyrin Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advisable not to consume the Esgipyrin Tablet if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Esgipyrin Tablet?
It is advisable not to drive or use machines when you have taken the Esgipyrin Tablet as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with the Esgipyrin Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with the Esgipyrin Tablet as it may worsen your liver problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have kidney disorders. This medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure, then your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems such as bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease.
- You have asthma, as this medicine can worsen the same.
- You have an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are an alcoholic, as concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood clotting.
- You suffer from skin rashes & lesions after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Esgipyrin Tablet 15'S
How Does It Work?
Esgipyrin Tablet works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for swelling and pain at the site of injury.
Directions for Use of Esgipyrin Tablet 15'S
Esgipyrin Tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. It can be taken before or after food.
Interactions of Esgipyrin Tablet 15'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Esgipyrin Tablet works or Esgipyrin Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like pain killers, medicines to treat high blood pressure, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, brain disorders or mental illnesses, antibiotics, antifungals, anti-HIV medications, blood thinners, immune-suppressant medicines like methotrexate, etc.Read less
- Water pill and immunomodulators such as Tacrolimus & Ciclosporin can lead to kidney damage if taken along with the Esgipyrin Tablet.
- Caution is needed if you are taking medicines to treat heart failure such as Digoxin.
- Esgipyrin Tablet can increase the levels of Lithium and Methotrexate if taken along and can increase the risk of side effects.
- If you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs.
- Esgipyrin Tablet should not be taken for 2 weeks after administration of medicines containing Mifepristone.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Esgipyrin Tablet 15'S
- Store the tablets in a cool and dry place and away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Esgipyrin Tablet 15'S
Taking Esgipyrin Tablet more than the prescribed quantity may result in an overdose and you may experience symptoms of overdose like headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, unconsciousness, excitation, coma, dizziness, low blood pressure, fits and difficulty in breathing. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Esgipyrin Tablet cause addiction?
A: No, Esgipyrin Tablet is not an addiction-causing medicine. However, it should be used as per dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I take paracetamol with the Esgipyrin Tablet?
A: Esgipyrin Tablet contains paracetamol and diclofenac. Do not take additional paracetamol if your pain is not relieved. Kindly consult your doctor as the doctor may increase the dose or add another medicine based on your medical condition.
Q: Is Esgipyrin Tablet a pain-killer?
A: Yes, Esgipyrin Tablet is a pain killer medicine.
Q: Can Esgipyrin Tablet be used for knee pain?
A: Yes, it can be used for knee joint pain. It helps in relieving the pain and swelling associated with knee joint pain. Knee pain could be due to various reasons such as fracture, ligament tear, tendon rupture or arthritis due to ageing. It is advisable to discuss with your doctor if you have any special medical conditions before taking this medicine.
Q: What can I do to reduce the after-effects of the Esgipyrin Tablet?
- To avoid the after-effects, you should always take this medicine with food, in the lowest possible dose and for the shortest duration.
- Avoid taking any other OTC products to eliminate any interaction.
- Do not take it before any cardiac surgeries and if you have an existing ulcer or a bleeding problem.
- If you are planning to take this medicine for the long term, discuss it with your doctor for a safer alternative.
Last Updated on: 18 Jun 2021 | 06:51 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved