Erlotib 150mg Tablet
Erlotib 150 MG Description
Erlotib Tablet is an anticancer medicine that is used to treat non-small cell lung cancer and pancreatic cancer. It contains erlotinib as its active component that belongs to the group of medicines k
nown as kinase inhibitors. It works by inhibiting the activity of a protein called epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) which is responsible for the growth and spread of cancer cells. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the exact dose and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling better after taking this medicine. Before taking Erlotib Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Erlotib 150 MG
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
Contraindications of Erlotib 150 MG
- If you are allergic to erlotinib or any of the ingredients of Erlotib Tablet.
Side effects of Erlotib 150 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite or decreased weight
- Breathing difficulty
- Nausea, vomiting
Precautions and Warnings of Erlotib 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of eye problems, or use contact lenses, swelling or ulcer in the front part of the eye.
- You are already taking any other medicines for underlying conditions.
- You experience sudden breathing difficulty along with cough and fever, severe stomach ache, skin peeling or blistering etc. The doctor might discontinue the treatment with Erlotib Tablet.
- You experience diarrhoea. the doctor might prescribe you some anti-diarrhoeal medicines.
- You develop worsening eye conditions, increased eye-watering, blurred vision, redness or pain in the eye etc. You may need urgent treatment.
- You are already taking cholesterol-lowering medicines and experience muscle pain or cramps. The doctor might stop the treatment immediately.
Mode of Action of Erlotib 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Erlotib 150 MG
- Take Erlotib Tablet exactly as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken by mouth at least one hour before or two hours after eating.
- The doctor will determine your dose and schedule depending on the type of cancer or condition being treated.
Interactions of Erlotib 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Erlotib Tablet if taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking it for any disorder. ...
- In particular, if you are taking antifungal medicine like ketoconazole, antibiotic medicine like clarithromycin, anti-tuberculosis medicine like rifampicin, anti-epileptic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines, medicines for brain-related disorders etc....
- If you are taking anticoagulant medicines (like warfarin) along with Erlotib, it might increase the risk of bleeding.
- Concomitant use of Erlotib Tablet and cholesterol-lowering medicine (statins) can increase the risk of muscle problems due to statins and may also lead to kidney damage.
- If you have any kind of immunization or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Erlotib 150 MG
- Store it at room temperature below 30°C, in the original carton away from light.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Erlotib 150 MG
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you don't miss a dose of anti-cancer medicine as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Erlotib Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's already the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Never take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.