Endogest 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
8 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule contains Progesterone, a natural female hormone. It is a hormonal pill, mainly used for abnormal uterine bleeding or irregular/absence of menstruation caused primarily due to hormonal imbalance in females. Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule can also be used along with estrogen as a part of hormonal replacement therapy to prevent thickening of the uterus lining. Progesterone in Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule will normalise the decreased female hormone and also the body functions. You should take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration, but at a fixed time to gain optimum benefit. The most common side effects of this medicine are stomach bloating, stomach pain, headache and breast tenderness. If these symptoms worsen, consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital or clinic.
Uses of Endogest 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule is used to treat absence or irregular menses and abnormal uterine bleeding due to hormonal imbalance.
Contraindications of Endogest 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to Progesterone or any of the ingredients of Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule.
- If you have or ever had breast or uterine cancer.
- If you experience vaginal bleeding.
- If you have heart disease or clots in blood vessels.
- If you have porphyria (inherited or acquired disorders of certain enzymes).
- If you have bleeding in your brain or stroke.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Endogest 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Breast tenderness
- Joint pain
- Hot flushes (sudden warmth feeling over face, neck or chest)
- Urine problems
- Vaginal discharge
- Increased risk of breast cancer, clots in blood vessels, heart disease
Precautions and Warnings of Endogest 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule during pregnancy?
Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule should not be taken during pregnancy as it may cause harm to your unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you get pregnant while on this medicine.
Can I take Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule while breastfeeding?
Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule should not be taken during breastfeeding as this medicine can harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule?
Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Therefore caution is advised while driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule?
It is not known if drinking alcohol is safe when you are taking Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule. However, it is advised not to drink alcohol while taking this medicine as alcohol may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience abnormal vaginal bleeding or develop fibroids.
- You notice changes in the breast or nipple.
- You have liver problems.
- You have high blood pressure or diabetes.
- You have a history of fits (epilepsy) or asthma.
- You have or had a low mood.
- You have asthma.
- You have hearing or eardrum diseases.
- Your skin is sensitive to light.
- You develop yellowing of eyes or skin.
- You notice a visual disturbance.
Mode of Action of Endogest 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
After cessation of menses (menopause), the female hormones decrease. This leads to a lot of menopause-related problems. Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule replenishes the female hormone, progesterone which is required for the normal functioning of the body.
Directions for Use of Endogest 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not take it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Endogest 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (Phenobarbital, Phenytoin and Carbamazepine).
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin, Rifabutin).
- Medicines used to treat HIV infections (Nevirapine, Efavirenz, Ritonavir and Nelfinavir).
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson’s Disease (Bromocriptine).
- Medicines used to treat a fungal infection (Ketoconazole, Griseofulvin, Terbinafine).
- Medicines known as water tablets (Spironolactone).
- Antibiotics like Ampicillin, Tetracyclines.
- Medicines used to prevent blood clots (Coumarins, Phenindione).
- Medicines used to treat diabetes.
- Medicines like Ulipristal Acetate used as emergency contraceptives.
- Medicines used to treat anxiety disorders (Diazepam).
- Medicines used to treat multiple sclerosis (Tizanidine).
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Endogest 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Endogest 200mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Excess of Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule can cause drowsiness, dizziness, sleepiness or fatigue. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I be careful about while taking Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule?
- Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule can increase the risk of breast cancer. Hence inform the doctor if you or anyone in your family ever had breast cancer.
- Check your breast regularly for changes in the nipple, any lumps, unusual dimpling of the skin. If you notice any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- This medicine can also increase the risk of heart disease, immediately notify your doctor if you experience pain in the chest or pain in your legs and inability to walk.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know while taking Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule?
- Yes, if you are going to have surgery, tell your doctor that you are being treated with Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule as you may need to stop taking this medicine for 4-6 weeks before the surgery to reduce the risk of blood clots.read less
- Get regularly examined by your doctor for mammography.
Q: Does Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule help to get pregnant?
A: Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule normalizes the female hormonal levels in the body. When the hormone levels are normal within the range, it can help you conceive and get pregnant. Always complete the entire course of treatment as advised by your doctor. You should consult your doctor before planning a pregnancy.
Q: Why is the Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule used?
A: Endogest Oral/Vaginal/Rectal Capsule is used mainly in females to treat abnormal uterine bleeding, absence of or irregular menstruation caused due to hormonal imbalance. This medicine is used along with estrogen as hormonal replacement therapy to prevent the thickening of the uterus lining.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 23 Mar 2021 | 11:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved