Embeta Xr 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Embeta Xr 25 MG Description
Embeta XR 25 mg tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine and is used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure and also helps p
revent further complications. Embeta XR 25 mg tablet contains metoprolol which works by relaxing the blood vessels thereby reducing the load on the heart and results in decreased blood pressure. You should not abruptly stop taking this medicine as it can lead to hypertensive crisis and even heart failure. This medicine should not be used by children below 18 years of age. Side effects of this medicine are dizziness, headache and difficulty in breathing. If these symptoms worsen or do not resolve, contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Embeta XR 25 mg tablet.
|You Save||₹10.73 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood pressure, heart conditions|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, low blood pressure|
- Tamepro 25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 40.00₹ 40.001.23% CHEAPER₹ 4/Tablet
- Supermet Xl 25mg Tablets 15'sBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 59.52₹ 50.5916.79% CHEAPER₹ 3.37/Tablet
- Cymet Er 25mg TabletBy Systopic Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 22.00₹ 18.7053.83% CHEAPER₹ 1.87/Tablet
- Metolar Xt 25mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 73.49₹ 62.47₹ 4.16/Tablet
- Betaone Xl 25mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 57.35₹ 48.7519.75% CHEAPER₹ 3.25/Tablet
- Met Xl 25mg Tablet 20'sBy Ajanta Pharma Limited20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 84.00₹ 71.4011.85% CHEAPER₹ 3.57/Tablet
- Prolomet Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.00₹ 35.7011.85% CHEAPER₹ 3.57/Tablet
- Tolol Xr 25mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 38.43₹ 32.6719.26% CHEAPER₹ 3.27/Tablet
Uses of Embeta Xr 25 MG
- Embeta XR 25 mg tablet is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain) and heart failure.
- Decreased blood pressure helps prevent other conditions like kidney problems, stroke, heart attack and migraine.
Contraindications of Embeta Xr 25 MG
- If you are allergic to Metoprolol or any other ingredient of Embeta XR 25 mg tablet.
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart block or uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma or any other lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes.
- If you have renal or liver disease.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you have a decreased heart rate.
- If you are on medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Embeta Xr 25 MG
- Decreased heart rate
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Embeta Xr 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You had any side effect after taking Embeta XR 25 mg tablet.
- You have any medical conditions such as diabetes, a heart condition, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Embeta XR 25 mg tablet should not be used by children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Embeta Xr 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Embeta Xr 25 MG
Interactions of Embeta Xr 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of the medicine used to treat diabetes such as insulin may be increased with Embeta XR 25 mg tablet.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may alter the effect.
- Medicines used to treat heart conditions such as verapamil, diltiazem, nifedipine can cause a decrease in heart rate, low blood pressure when used along with this medicine.
- Pain-killer medicines like diclofenac, indomethacin may decrease the effect of Embeta XR 25 mg tablet.
- Rifampicin (anti-tubercular) may decrease the effect of Embeta XR 25 mg tablet, whereas paroxetine, fluoxetine, sertraline (mood elevator), cimetidine (acid-lowering), hydralazine (anti-allergic), lidocaine (anaesthetic) may increase the effect of this medicine....
- Concurrent use of hormonal pills such as oestrogen decreases the anti-hypertensive action of this medicine.
- Concurrent use of certain medicines such as aldesleukin (skin cancer), alprostadil (erectile dysfunction), clonazepam, diazepine (mood and sleep) increases the effect of Embeta XR 25 mg tablet.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Embeta Xr 25 MG
- Store it below 50°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Embeta Xr 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Embeta XR 25 mg tablet in case of low blood pressure?
Q: What if I stop Embeta XR 25 mg tablet on my own?
Q: What should my physician be aware of before prescribing Embeta XR 25 mg tablet for me?
Q: Is it safe for diabetic patients to take Embeta XR 25 mg tablet?
Q: Is Embeta XR 25 mg tablet a beta-blocker?
Q: Is it safe for me to take Embeta XR 25 mg tablet if have asthma?
- Metoprolol 50 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 0 Sep 2021]
- Metoprolol 50 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 0 Sep 2021]
- METOPROLOL SUCCINATE- metoprolol succinate er tablets tablet, film coated, extended release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 0 Sep 2021]
- Lactmed - Metoprolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 0 Sep 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 0 Sep 2021]