Embeta Xr 12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab contains the molecule metoprolol. This molecule is classified as a beta-blocker. A beta-blocker reduces the number of heartbeats in a minute.
Uses of Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab
- High blood pressure
- heart failure
- chest pain
- It can avert the risks of strokes, kidney problem and heart attack
- migraine prevention
Contraindications of Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab
- Diagnosed asthma
- allergy to any of the components of the medicine
- any serious liver-related condition
- known heart blocks
- low blood pressure or slow heart rate
- heart failure which has not been treated yet
Side effects of Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab
- Certain brain-related issues like atypical dreams, sleeplessness, loss of control on body movements, depression and problems in seeing
- High doses of the medicine can cause drowsiness, fatigue, dizziness and diarrhoea in some cases
- Stomach pain, shortness of breath and headache
- Worsening of heart failure and excessively slow heart rate
- Worsening of diabetes in some cases
- Sexual dysfunction in some cases
Precautions and Warnings of Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab
Can I take Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab during pregnancy?
The medicine is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Please inform the doctor about your pregnancy if they prescribe this medicine to you. It is best to speak to your doctor about the risks and benefits of taking the medicine.
Can I take Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab while breastfeeding?
It is not recommended to take the medication when you are breastfeeding your infant. The medicine is known to pass on from the mother to the baby via the milk. Therefore, it may affect the baby. Please discuss with your doctor if it is beneficial to take the medicine and if the risks can be managed. If so, then your baby will need close and regular monitoring too.
Can I drive if I have consumed Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab?
Your diving capability may be affected because of the medicine, as it is known to cause drowsiness and sleepiness. It is therefore advised not to drive while taking the treatment with the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab?
Consumption of alcohol, along with this medication, may cause sleepiness to be enhanced. It can also reduce your blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- In case if you have diabetes, please speak to your doctor, as taking metoprolol can change the way your body reacts to low blood sugar. You may not experience the usual signs of low blood sugar, likesweating, headache, hunger pangs and increase in heart rate...Read more
- Tell your doctor about any allergic reactions, muscle weaknesses, heart problems you may have
- Even if you have liver or kidney problems, or suffer from asthma and lung disorders, please speak to your doctor
- If you have chest pain of any type or have been diagnosed with a heart conduction related issue, please inform the doctor
- In all of the above conditions, the doctor may need to adjust the dose for you
Mode of Action of Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The composition of Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab counters the action of stress hormones on the body. It can slow down the heart rate and relax the blood vessels, to reduce the pressure in them. Therefore, the
heart need not work hard to pump the blood into the blood vessels....
Directions for Use of Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab
Take the dosage of Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab as your doctor has advised you to take it. Please follow their instructions strictly. Usually, the medicine is taken on an empty stomach, without any food. Ask
the doctor if you have confusion....
Interactions of Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
Since metoprolol is known to interact with a list of molecules, keep your doctor informed if you are on any of the following medications. Your doctor will adjust the dose accordingly Medicines to trea
t fits (phenobarbital), antihistamine medication (diphenhydramine) or heart medication (amlodipine) Antidepressant (fluoxetine) and antipsychotic medicines are also included in this list Diclofenac to treat pain and fever as well as hydroxychloroquine to treat malaria can also interfere with this medication Medicines to treat fungal infection and retroviral infection (ritonavir) should also be informed about...
Interactions with food items
- orange juice
- Avoid eating these foods when your treatment is in process.
Other general Interactions
Enough information about the interaction of this medicine with other conditions is not available yet.
Storage and disposal of Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab
- Please store the medicine in the original packet as it protects the tablet from direct sunlight.
- Make sure children do not have access to the medicine, as it is not meant for children.
- Throw away the medicine if it has crossed the expiry date. You can find the expiry date on the package. It indicates the last date of the month.
- While throwing away, do not dispose along with the household waste. Ask your pharmacist about the disposal.
Dosage of Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab
- Breathing problem
- Wheezing sound while breathing
- Missing a heartbeat
- Excessively slow heartbeats
- Swelling in ankles, lower legs, hands and feet
- Pale colour of the skin
- Numbness or tingling sensation in the mouth
- Sweating or confusion
- Please report to the doctor immediately if you see any of these symptoms. As far as possible, do not overdose with this medicine as it can prove to be fatal.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose, please take it as soon as you remember. If it happens to be time for your next scheduled dose, then continue with that. Please do not take double medication to compensate fo
r the missed dose. It may cause an overdose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am not able to swallow the tablet as a whole. Is it okay if I crush it, mix it in water and consume it slowly?
A: Please do not crush the tablet at any time. Try to take the tablet as a whole. Drink enough water along with it to swallow it.
Q: Can I stop taking the medicine at any time I want?
A: It is not advisable to stop the medicine on your own, suddenly. Embeta Xr 12.5mg Tab requires to be withdrawn gradually. Speak to your doctor if you need to stop taking the medication; they will reduce the dose gradually.
Q: I have a thyroid-related condition. Do I need to inform the doctor about this too?
A: Yes, please inform the doctor about your thyroid condition.
Q: What do I do if I experience any of the side effects of the medicine?
A: Please speak to the doctor if you are experiencing side effects or even lack of consciousness for a short time. They will adjust the dose for you.
Q: I am taking birth control pills and nutritional supplements currently. Do I need to tell the doctor about these medicines also?
A: Keep the doctor informed about all the prescription or non-prescription medicines you may be taking, which includes birth control pills, nutritional and herbal supplements, vitamins and mineral supplements and so on.
Q: Any particular information that women need to give to the doctor about pregnancy?
A: Women must tell the doctor about hypertension caused during pregnancy and all other vital information about their health before they can start taking treatment with this medicine.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 09:37 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved