Embeta Xr 12.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Embeta Xr 12.5 MG Description
Embeta Xr Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure, preventing further complications. It contains metoprolol a
s its active ingredient that acts by relaxing the blood vessels, reducing the load on the heart and decreasing blood pressure. Embeta Xr Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not abruptly stop taking the medicine. This tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Embeta Xr Tablet.
|You Save||₹6.38 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood pressure, angina (chest pain), prevent heart attack and migraine|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache, low blood pressure|
- Metopole Xl 12.5mg Tablet 10'sBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 38.50₹ 32.729% CHEAPER₹ 3.27/Tablet
- Met Xl 12.5mg Tablet 20'sBy Ajanta Pharma Limited20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 93.50₹ 79.47₹ 3.97/Tablet
- Prolomet Xl 12.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 44.50₹ 37.82₹ 3.78/Tablet
Uses of Embeta Xr 12.5 MG
Contraindications of Embeta Xr 12.5 MG
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or other ingredients of Embeta Xr Tablet.
- If you have a heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes, renal or liver disease, a decreased heart rate.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you are taking medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Embeta Xr 12.5 MG
- Stomach pain
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthodynamic hypotension)
Precautions and Warnings of Embeta Xr 12.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking the Embeta Xr Tablet.
- You have medical conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma).
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when the thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone).
- You are suffering from a type of skin disease psoriasis.
- You have circulation related problems in the toes, arm, legs or fingers.
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- You recently had a heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery.
- Embeta Xr Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Embeta Xr 12.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Embeta Xr 12.5 MG
Interactions of Embeta Xr 12.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Embeta Xr works or this medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for a brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Embeta Xr 12.5 MG
- Store Embeta Xr Tablets below 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Embeta Xr 12.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Embeta Xr Tablet a beta-blocker?
Q: Can I stop taking Embeta Xr if my blood pressure level comes in control?
Q: Is Embeta Xr blood thinner?
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- METOPROLOL SUCCINATE- metoprolol succinate ER tablets tablet, film coated, extended release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Metoprolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]