Eltroxin 100mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
100 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Eltroxin Tablet is used for the treatment of Hypothyroidism. It contains Levothyroxine as its active component. It is a synthetic form of a naturally occurring hormone known as Thyroxine produced by the thyroid gland. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland stops producing sufficient thyroid hormones. It is noticeable and characterized by lethargy, feeling tired, weight gain, constipation, muscle pain, hair loss, increased sensitivity to cold, feeling low and irregular menstrual cycle. This medicine should be used with care and caution in elder patients, patients with heart diseases and patients with disorders related to the adrenal gland. The dose and the duration should be strictly followed as recommended by the doctor. In case of any allergic reactions or any severe side effects contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Uses of Eltroxin 100mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
For the treatment of Hypothyroidism (reduced levels of thyroid hormone).
Contraindications of Eltroxin 100mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Levothyroxine or any ingredients used in Eltroxin Tablet.
- If you have any disorders that are related to the adrenal glands.
- If you have a condition of Thyrotoxicosis (excess of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream).
Side effects of Eltroxin 100mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Increased appetite
- Hair loss
- Weight variations
- Changes in the menstrual cycle
- Sensitivity to heat
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Eltroxin 100mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
Can I take Eltroxin Tablet during pregnancy?
- Eltroxin Tablet can be taken during pregnancy. A pregnant woman might require a higher dose of this particular medicine. If hypothyroidism is detected in between pregnancy, it is important to immediately start the treatment with thyroxine after consulting your doctor.Read less
- Low levels of thyroid hormone in the mother can lead to birth defects in the baby or can even cause miscarriage. Regular monitoring of TSH levels is recommended.
Can I take Eltroxin Tablet while breastfeeding?
Eltroxin Tablet is safe to be used in a lactating women. Milk production in women with hypothyroidism sometimes gets affected due to low levels of thyroxine as thyroxine plays a crucial role in the production of milk and breast development.
Can I drive if I have consumed Eltroxin Tablet?
You can drive after consuming Eltroxin Tablet. It does not impair your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Eltroxin Tablet?
Alcohol consumption may alter the effect of the medicine. Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Eltroxin Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly patient (more than 50 years of age) and have existing heart disorders.
- You have a hormone-related disorder called Panhypopituitarism.
- You come across heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, etc.
- Care is required for patients with diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus and epilepsy or seizures.
- Children may experience hair loss after initiation of the therapy with Eltroxin Tablet which is usually reversible.
- Special care should be provided while giving Eltroxin Tablet to children with low birth weight and who are premature.
Mode of Action of Eltroxin 100mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Thyroid hormone plays a crucial role in metabolism and much physiological activity such as digestion, brain development, heart and muscle function. In Hypothyroidism, your body is unable to produce sufficient thyroid hormone and maintain optimal physiological functions. Levothyroxine provides an adequate amount of thyroid hormone by acting as a substitute for the naturally produced thyroid hormone.
Directions for Use of Eltroxin 100mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Take Eltroxin Tablet on an empty stomach.
- Consume this medicine as a whole with an adequate amount of water.
- Do not stop consuming this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Eltroxin 100mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Eltroxin Tablet or Eltroxin Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always keep in touch with your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are going through for any disorder.Read less
- In particular, if you are taking certain medications like antipsychotic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like Phenytoin, oral contraceptives. etc.
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners and medicines used for treating heart failure is required on the simultaneous use of Eltroxin Tablet. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines from this class.Read less
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations and other preparations used to reduce cholesterol levels such as Cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4-5 hours with Eltroxin Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice, soybean flour, fibre-rich food, walnuts and cottonseed meal can lower the effect of this medication. Thus, it should not be consumed when taking Eltroxin Tablet.
Dosage of Eltroxin 100mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
The symptoms of an overdose of Eltroxin Tablet include fever, chest pain, irregular heartbeats, headache, muscle cramps, anxiety, sweating, diarrhoea, sleeplessness, etc. If you think you have consumed too much of this medicine, contact your doctor as soon as possible or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is time for your next dose, skip the dose that has been missed and continue with your regular schedule. Do not consume a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am a diabetic patient. Can I take Eltroxin Tablet?
A: Yes, this medicine can be taken in a diabetic condition. It is mandatory to consult and inform your doctor about diabetes as there are chances that Eltroxin Tablet can affect the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines and dose adjustment may be required.
Q: Can I take Eltroxin Tablet to lose weight?
A: No, this medicine is not a weight loss medication. This medicine should strictly be used if it is prescribed by a physician for thyroid-related disorders. Do not self-medicate or use it for any other ailments other than what it is prescribed for.
Q: Can Eltroxin Tablet and Esomoprazole be taken together?
A: No, Esomeprazole may affect the absorption of Eltroxin Tablet. Thus, it should never be taken at the same time. Maintain a gap of 4 hours between the consumption of Esomeprazole and Eltroxin Tablet.
Q: Can I take Eltroxin Tablet after breakfast?
A: Eltroxin Tablet should preferably be taken one hour before your first meal or breakfast.
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- LEVO-T [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Levothyroxine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- Eltroxin 50 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Eltroxin 75 Mcg Bottle Of 60 Tablets
- Eltroxin 25 Mcg Tablet
- Eltroxin 100 Mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- Eltroxin 50 Mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- Eltroxin 25 Mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- Eltroxin 75 Mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- Eltroxin 125 Mcg Bottle Of 60 Tablets
- Eltroxin 88 Mcg Tablet
- Eltroxin 50 Mcg Bottle Of 50 Tablets
- Eltroxin 75 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Eltroxin 125 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Eltroxin 25 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Eltroxin 50 Mcg Bottle Of 60 Tablets
Last Updated on: 29 Apr 2021 | 05:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved