Elixtri 1gm Inj
By ELIXIR HEALTHCARE SERVICES
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Elixtri 1gm Injection contains ceftriaxone as its active ingredient. It is an antibiotic belonging to the Cephalosporin class of medicine. Elixtri 1gm is used for severe bacterial infections of the brain, lungs, ear, stomach, urinary tract, joints, skin and any other surgical procedures. This medicine acts by killing the infection-causing bacteria. This medicine will be given to you at the hospital under the medical supervision of a doctor and nurse. Do not self-inject. While on this medicine you may experience diarrhoea, altered blood levels, pain at the site of injection, headache, dizziness as its side effects. However, these side effects get resolved on their own, if it worsens inform your doctor immediately....
Uses of Elixtri 1 G
Elixtri 1gm Injection is used to treat various bacterial infections of the brain, lungs, airways, ear, stomach, urinary tract, bone, joint, soft tissues and skin, heart or any surgical procedure.
Contraindications of Elixtri 1 G
- If you are allergic to ceftriaxone or any other ingredients of Elixtri 1gm Injection.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines known as cephalosporin.
- If you are allergic to medicines like penicillins, monobactams and carbapenems.
- If a newborn is suffering from jaundice or is on calcium injection treatment.
- If a newborn is suffering from an increased bilirubin level in the blood.
- Ceftriaxone solution containing lidocaine should not be given as an injection.
Side effects of Elixtri 1 G
- Variation in blood cells
- Diarrhoea, loose stools
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Elixtri 1 G
Can I take the Elixtri 1gm Injection during pregnancy?
Elixtri 1gm Injection can be used by pregnant women and during the first trimester only if necessary. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby. Your doctor will give you this medicine after assessing the needs and benefits.
Can I take the Elixtri 1gm Injection while breastfeeding?
Elixtri 1gm Injection passes in human milk in low amounts and has no effects on the breastfed baby. However, the baby should be monitored for side effects like diarrhoea or fungal infections of the mouth. Your doctor will decide if this medicine should be discontinued.
Can I drive if I have taken the Elixtri 1gm Injection?
You may feel dizzy after taking this injection, thus be cautious/avoid driving after taking the Elixtri 1gm Injection.
Can I consume alcohol with the Elixtri 1gm Injection?
No information is available on the interactions of Elixtri 1gm Injection when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness. It is advised to avoid alcohol if you have taken this injection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any pre-existing health conditions such as liver diseases, kidney diseases or kidney stones, gallstones etc.
- You are suffering from anaemia (reduces red blood cells).
- You are suffering from bowel inflammation.
- You have stomach diseases or problems like diarrhoea after taking antibiotics.
- You have taken any medicines containing calcium recently.
- You are planning to get a blood test, it may interfere with the results.
- Elixtri 1gm Injection should not be given to premature babies.
Mode of Action of Elixtri 1 G
How Does It Work?
Elixtri 1gm Injection works by stopping the formation of the cell wall of the bacteria and thus killing the bacteria which causes the infection.
Directions for Use of Elixtri 1 G
- Elixtri 1gm Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Elixtri 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood thinners can increase the risk of bleeding. Hence, inform your doctor about it, dose adjustment may be required.
- Certain antibiotics (aminoglycosides antibiotics) increase the risk of kidney damage when given concomitantly with Elixtri 1gm Injection.
- Any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are currently taking or might take should be informed to your doctor in order to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Elixtri 1 G
- Store Elixtri 1gm Injection below 30°C. Protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Elixtri 1 G
Elixtri 1gm Injection will be given by your doctor or nurse, therefore you are less likely you will receive more of this medicine. However, if you experience dizziness, fever, chills and an upset stomach immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Elixtri 1gm Injection if I feel better after taking a few injections?
A: No, you should always take the full course of antibiotics, as failing that may decrease the effectiveness of the treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor before you stop the treatment.
Q: I am allergic to Cefuroxime, can I take the Elixtri 1 Injection?
A: No, you should not take Elixtri 1gm if you have an allergy to cefuroxime. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics like cephalexin, cefadroxil & cefazolin, etc.
Q: What other disease conditions should I discuss with my doctor before taking the Elixtri 1gm?
A: You should discuss with your doctor if you are on any other medications. If you have any stomach, kidney or liver diseases. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q: Can I take the Elixtri 1gm Injection injection at home or on my own?
A: No, it should only be taken if prescribed by a doctor under medical supervision.
Q: How to give the Elixtri 1gm?
A: Elixtri 1 Injection will only be given by a nurse or doctor. The route of administration is usually decided by your doctor. Do not self-inject.
Q: What is the use of Elixtri 1 Injection?
A: Elixtri 1gm is used to treat severe or serious infections caused by various bacterial organisms. It aids to treat infections of the lungs, airways, urinary tract, skin, soft tissues, joints, bones and the brain.
- Rocephin 1g Powder for Solution for Injection or Infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 August 2021]
- Rocephin 1g Powder for Solution for Injection or Infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 August 2021]
- ROCEPHIN [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 27 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 Aug 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.