Eliwel 75mg Tablets
Eliwel 75 MG Description
Eliwel 75 mg tablet is used for the management of moderate to severe depression. Depression is a mental illness that causes a feeling of sadness, hopelessness and leads to a loss of interest, which c
an disrupt day to day life. It is also recommended for people with neuropathic pain and migraine. Eliwel 75 mg has Amitriptyline as an active ingredient. Amitriptyline works by balancing certain chemicals in the brain that help relieve pain and enhance the feeling of well being. It can exhibit various side effects like drowsiness, dry mouth, headache, nausea, and constipation. It is taken only with a doctor’s recommendation and is usually consumed as a long term medication.
|You Save||₹6.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety, Neuropathic pain, Migraine|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Dry Mouth, Headache, Nausea, Constipation|
Uses of Eliwel 75 MG
- Used for treatment of
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Neuropathic pain
Contraindications of Eliwel 75 MG
- If you are allergic to or hypersensitive to Amitriptyline
- If you have a recent history of heart attack
- If you are on MAO (Monoamine Oxidase) Inhibitors
- If you have suicidal thoughts or suicidal tendency
- If you have heart problems
- If you have a kidney problem
- If you have a liver problem
- You need to inform the doctor if you have any of these conditions.
Side effects of Eliwel 75 MG
- Dry Mouth
- Weight gain
- Orthostatic Hypotension (lowering of blood pressure while standing)
Precautions and Warnings of Eliwel 75 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are under the age of 18.
- You have suicidal thoughts.
- You take any herbal or ayurvedic medicine, vitamins or supplements. Informing your doctor about them is necessary.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking Eliwel 75 mg.
- Be regular with the dose. Eliwel tablet cannot be stopped without a doctor's recommendation.
Mode of Action of Eliwel 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Eliwel 75 MG
- Eliwel should be taken according to the recommendation of a doctor. It is usually taken as a long term medicine on a regular basis.
- It can be taken with or without food. However, try to take it preferably with food to avoid any stomach problems.
- Try to maintain a schedule and have the medicine at the same time every day.
- Do not stop taking the dose without consulting your doctor.
- The tablet has to be swallowed whole orally with a glass of water. The tablet should not be chewed, crushed or broken.
Interactions of Eliwel 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Eliwel interacts with the following:
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors - One should inform the doctor if taking this medication, it can cause severe side effects.
- Blood thinners - They can cause bleeding/bruises.
- You need to inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines such as,
- Anticholinergic medicines
- Opioid analgesic
- NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- As all these medicines when interact can lead to certain side effects
Storage and disposal of Eliwel 75 MG
Dosage of Eliwel 75 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Suneet Monga
BDS, MDS (Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry) MMCDSR
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I smoke while taking Eliwel 75 mg tablet?
Q: Is Eliwel 75 mg tablet habit-forming?
Q: Is there any specific diet that I need to follow while taking Eliwel 75 mg?
- Amitriptyline 25mg tablets BP. Amitriptyline 25mg Tablets BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc). (n.d.). Retrieved January 22, 2022, from
- NHS. (n.d.). NHS choices. Retrieved January 22, 2022, from
- Thour A, Marwaha R. Amitriptyline. [Updated 2021 Jul 29]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: