Edon 5mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
Edon 5 MG Description
Edon Tablet is a prescription medicine. Improving the condition of erectile dysfunction in adult men over the age of 18 is the main use of Edon 5 mg Tablet. It is also used in lowering the signs and
symptoms of benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH), such as the frequent need to urinate, difficulty starting urination, inability to empty the bladder completely, etc. BPH is most commonly seen in older men. It contains a single active ingredient: Tadalafil. The mode of action of Edon 5 mg Tablets is to relax and improve blood flow to the penis, which helps with erectile dysfunction. This medicine is not recommended for males below the age of 18. Erectile dysfunction is one of the most common male sexual disorders often associated with emotionally or psychologically negative problems. This medicine does not cause any dependency problems or severe withdrawal symptoms.
|You Save||₹52.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Erectile dysfunction, Benign prostate hyperplasia|
|Side effects||Stuffy nose, Blurry vision, Nose bleeds, Decreased libido, Increased sweating, Low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat|
Uses of Edon 5 MG
- As per CDSCO, Edon Tablet are used for:
- The treatment of erectile dysfunction (inability to maintain an erect penis during sexual intercourse) in men over the age of 18.
- The management of the signs and symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), also known as prostate gland enlargement — is a common condition as men get older.
Contraindications of Edon 5 MG
- If you have any known hypersensitive reaction to any ingredients in Edon Tablet.
- If you have not been rightly diagnosed with erectile dysfunction.
- If you have any serious heart condition.
- If you are using medicine to lower blood pressure or have hypotension (low blood pressure), this medicine can cause orthostatic hypotension (a fall in blood pressure after suddenly changing positions)....
- If you are under the age of 18.
- If you have any bleeding conditions, Edon Tablet increases the risk of bleeding.
- If you have been diagnosed with mania or bipolar disorder.
- If you had a history of addiction to any type of recreational substance.
- If you are suffering from severe heart conditions such as heart failure and heart rhythm dysfunction.
- If you have a type of seizure disorder.
- If you have any serious kidney or liver ailment.
Side effects of Edon 5 MG
- Back pain
- Muscle pain
- Stuffy nose
- Decreased libido
- Increased sweating
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Edon 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are not diagnosed with erectile dysfunction by the doctor. Do not use these medicine by yourself.
- You are an older man over the age of 65. Consult your doctor before taking Edon medicine for erectile dysfunction.
- You are taking certain ayurvedic and herbal medicines or supplements for erectile dysfunction, and some can interfere with this medicine.
- You have various deformations of the penis or other penile disorders.
- You are diagnosed with blood-related conditions such as sickle cell anaemia, cancer of blood cells and bone marrow, etc., that raise the risk of prolonged erection.
- You notice having any sudden loss of hearing or vision. Immediately notify your doctor.
- You have a history of renal or liver disorder.
Mode of Action of Edon 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Edon 5 MG
- Edon Tablets are only for men.
- Use the Edon Tablet precisely as directed by your doctor. Do not use it without the diagnosis or conferring with the doctor.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dosage.
- Do not crush, break, or chew Edon 5 mg medicine.
- It is better to swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water as soon as you open it.
- Edon Tablet can be taken with or without having the food.
- Try to take the pill 30 minutes to one hour before sexual intercourse or as advised by your doctor.
- Take this medicine only after being diagnosed with these conditions.
- It should be used one hour or 30 minutes before sexual intercourse or as advised by the doctor.
- Do not take Edon tablets more than once per day and every day for erectile dysfunction.
Interactions of Edon 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- It is not recommended to use the Edon Tablet with a history of high blood pressure and under treatment with medication to lower the blood pressure. Edon Tablets have increased the potency of hypotensive medicines such as nitrates, alpha-blockers, etc., which can result in a sudden fall in blood pressure....
- While taking Edon Tablet, be cautious while taking medications that affect the heart rhythm, such as thioridazine. These medications can worsen the side effects and cause heart rhythm disorders
- Medications such as ketoconazole, ritonavir, and other similar medications (cytochrome p450 inhibitors) can increase the exposure of Edon Tablets, which can increase the side effects.
- Do not use Edon Tablet if you are using medication for pulmonary hypertension like sildenafil, as it would increase the risk of side effects of this medicine.
- Medications such as Rifampin, phenobarbital, phenytoin, and carbamazepine (Cytochrome p450 inducers) lower Edon Tablets’ concentration, which can lower the effectiveness of this medicine.
- While using the Edon Tablet, some herbal remedies can change the levels of this medicine in the blood and cause side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid consuming excess amounts of grapefruit or its juice, as it can increase the levels of Edon Tablet in the blood
Storage and disposal of Edon 5 MG
Dosage of Edon 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using the Edon Tablet whenever I want?
Q: Dose Edon Tablet cause any side effects in me if I can stop using them?
Q: How long will it take for me to see the effects of the Edon Tablet?
- Tadalafil 10 mg film-coated tablets [Internet]. Tadalafil 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (EMC). [cited 25 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- CIALIS (tadalafil) tablets, for oral use. Initial U.S. Approval: 2003.[internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. [cited 25 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- Coward RM, Carson CC. Tadalafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction [Internet]. Therapeutics and clinical risk management. Dove Medical Press; 2008 [cited 25 Mar 2022]. Available from: