Dvn Forte Tablet
Dvn Forte Tablet Description
DVN Forte tablet contains a combination of two medicines - Drotaverine and Paracetamol. It is used to provide temporary relief from mild to moderate pain like headache, throat pain, menstrual pain, t
ooth pain, and also relieves pain associated with muscle spasms. It is not advisable to use any other pain killer while using this medicine. The side effects of this medicine include liver disorders, vomiting, constipation, dizziness, and headache. In case you experience any of the side effects, or you feel any discomfort after using this medicine, contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding, and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹21.57 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Drotaverine(80.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
Uses of Dvn Forte Tablet
Contraindications of Dvn Forte Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of DVN Forte tablet
- If you have liver, kidney, or heart-related disease
- If you have a rare blood-related condition called Porphyria
- If you are breastfeeding
Side effects of Dvn Forte Tablet
- Rapid heartbeat
- Liver related disorders
Precautions and Warnings of Dvn Forte Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have low blood pressure or related heart disorder
- You have a liver-related disorder or kidney function problem
- You are using any other pain killers containing paracetamol
- You experience skin reactions like redness, rash or itching after consuming this medicine
- DVN Forte tablet is not recommended to be used in children
Mode of Action of Dvn Forte Tablet
How Does It Work?
- DVN Forte tablet works by the combined action of its two components - Paracetamol & Drotaverine.
- Paracetamol is a painkiller. It inhibits the synthesis of a chemical substance known as prostaglandin, which is responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- Drotaverine is a spasmolytic muscle relaxant. It inhibits an enzyme known as phosphodiesterase which results in relaxation of the muscle and relieves muscle spasm.
Directions for Use of Dvn Forte Tablet
Interactions of Dvn Forte Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of DVN Forte tablet with Levodopa, a medicine used to treat Parkinson's disease can decrease the effect of Levodopa and may increase the symptoms like rigidity and shakiness.
- DVN Forte, if taken along with blood thinners like Warfarin, can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Cholestyramine, a medicine used to correct abnormal cholesterol levels can decrease the effect of DVN Forte.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicine, supplement, or vitamin while taking DVN Forte.
Storage and disposal of Dvn Forte Tablet
Dosage of Dvn Forte Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)