Drotin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
By WALTER BUSHNELL LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Drotin-M tablet is used to provide relief from muscle spasms and pain associated with various conditions. It is a combination medicine containing drotaverine and mefenamic acid as active ingredients. This medicine works by the combined action of both ingredients. Drotaverine is an antispasmodic medicine that helps in relieving spasms, and mefenamic acid has an anti-inflammatory action that helps to relieve pain. You should not take this medicine if you recently had a heart attack, bypass surgery of the heart or if you have or had an ulcer in the stomach or intestine. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed dose and duration. It is recommended to take this medicine at the same time every day for optimum benefits. You should take Drotin-M tablet with meals to reduce stomach upset. Before using this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹31.71 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Drotaverine(80.0 Mg),Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain and spasm|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, dryness|
Check more medicines with composition as Drotaverine(80.0 Mg) + Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg)
Precautions and Warnings of Drotin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Drotin-M tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the effect of Drotin-M in pregnancy. Thus, it is advised to consult your doctor before taking this medicine, if you are pregnant. Your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I take Drotin-M tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed if you are taking Drotin-M tablet, as there is limited information available about its effect. Thus, avoid using this medicine during breastfeeding unless advised by your doctor after assessing the need and benefits.
Can I drive if I have consumed Drotin-M tablet?
Drotin-M tablet can cause dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness, and visual disturbance. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Drotin-M tablet?
Consumption of alcohol intake along with Drotin-M tablet may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly person.
- You have a history of any kind of respiratory disorder like asthma.
- You have a liver or kidney function problem.
- You are suffering from fits, tremors, or epilepsy.
- You have a heart-related problem or high blood pressure.
- You have a history of heart failure or such episodes.
- You are suffering from ulcers or bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
- You experience allergic reactions upon consumption of Drotin-M.
- You are a woman trying to conceive or taking any fertility treatment.
Uses of Drotin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Drotin-M tablet is used for the treatment of menstrual cramps, stomach pain, and muscle spasms.
- It may also be used in the treatment of pain due to bowel disorders, after surgery, and due to kidney stones.
Contraindications of Drotin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, drotaverine, or any of the ingredients of Drotin-M tablet.
- If you have a kidney or liver function problem, history of asthma, or stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- If you have any blood-related disorders like unusual bleeding and porphyria.
- If you had a heart attack recently, or are undergoing a coronary artery bypass graft. Do not take this medicine right before the surgery or after the surgery without consulting a doctor.
Side effects of Drotin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Mode of Action of Drotin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Drotin-M tablet contains a combination of drotaverine and mefenamic acid as active ingredients.
- Drotaverine acts by inhibiting an enzyme that reduces calcium uptake by the cells, thereby correcting the calcium levels in the body. This reduces the spasms in the smooth muscles.
- Mefenamic acid acts by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the inflammation, swelling, and sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Drotin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Drotin-M tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Drotin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Drotin-M works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat blood pressure like aliskiren, captopril, and valsartan should be avoided.
- Blood thinners such as warfarin should be used cautiously with Drotin-M tablet as there is an increased risk of bleeding.
- This medicine should not be taken along with other painkillers or analgesic medicines.
- This medicine can aggravate the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines.
- Water pills, cyclosporin, and tacrolimus if taken along with Drotin-M can increase the risk of toxicity to kidneys.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding and ulceration if Drotin-M tablet is taken along with steroids and certain medicines used for mental illness.
- Other medicines like prednisone, methotrexate, fluconazole, zidovudine, digoxin, probenecid, and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Drotin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Drotin-M tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Drotin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken an excessive dose of Drotin-M tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Drotin-M tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take after taking Drotin-M tablet?
A: If you have a history of low blood pressure, your doctor may ask you for regular blood pressure checkups because Drotin-M tablet can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure.
Q: Can Drotin-M be used for menstrual cramps?
A: Yes, Drotin-M tablet is helpful in relieving spasms and cramps associated with periods. However, for prolonged and painful episodes consult your doctor.
Q: Can I take Drotin-M while breastfeeding?
A: No, constituents of Drotin-M may pass into breast milk and can affect the breastfed baby. Avoid using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Q: Can we take Drotin-M in an empty stomach?
A: No, you should take Drotin-M tablet with food or after your meals to avoid any stomach discomforts.
Q: How long does it take for Drotin M to show its effect?
A: Drotin-M tablet usually starts working within an hour. However, it can vary among individuals depending on their physiology and other biological parameters.
Q: How many times Drotin M can be taken in a day?
A: Drotin-M tablet should be taken as per the need or as advised by the doctor. The dose can vary depending on the severity of the condition. However, do not take it more often or more than recommended dose and duration.
Q: What is the Drotin-M tablet used for?
A: Drotin-M tablet is used for the treatment of menstrual cramps, stomach pain and muscle spasms. It may also be used in the treatment of pain due to bowel disorders, after surgery and kidney stones.
Q: Is Drotin-M a painkiller medicine?
A: Drotin-M tablet is used to provide relief from pain due to various painful conditions like muscle cramps, stomach pain and post-surgery pain.
- Drotaverine: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2022 [cited 02 May 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 02 May 2022]
- Drotaverine HCL-Mefenamic Acid-DROTAFIX Tablet [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2022 [cited 02 May 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 02 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 02 May 2022]
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.