Domstal Bottle Of 30ml Suspension
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
30ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Domstal suspension is specially designed for use in children and should be used under adult supervision. It is used to prevent nausea, vomiting and indigestion. It also increases the movement of food into the stomach, thus helping in the digestion of food. Domstal suspension contains domperidone as its active ingredient. Give it to your child as directed by the doctor & for the prescribed duration....
Uses of Domstal 1 MG
Domstal suspension is used in children to treat nausea, vomiting and indigestion.
Contraindications of Domstal 1 MG
- If the child is allergic to Domperidone or any other ingredients of Domstal suspension.
- If the child has any underlying medical condition like problems with your heart, liver or kidney.
- If the child has black, tarry bowel stools or blood in stools.
- If the child has a blockage or tears in the intestines.
- If the child has a low level of potassium or magnesium or a high level of potassium in your blood.
- If your child is suffering from a condition called prolactinoma (a tumour of the pituitary gland).
Side effects of Domstal 1 MG
- Dry mouth
- Headache, diarrhoea, drowsiness, stomach pain, dizziness (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Domstal 1 MG
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child has a problem with your liver or kidneys.
- Your child develops an allergic reaction after using Domstal suspension.
- You do not notice any improvement in your child's condition after using this medicine for 3 to 4 days.
- Your child experience palpitations, breathing problems or unconsciousness after using Domstal suspension, immediately contact your doctor.
Mode of Action of Domstal 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Domperidone in Domstal suspension works by blocking the action of a chemical substance (dopamine) in the brain, which causes nausea and vomiting. It also increases the movement of the stomach and intestines to allow easy movement of food through the stomach....
Directions for Use of Domstal 1 MG
- Give Domstal suspension to your child as instructed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage. Shake it well before use and always use a dropper for exact quantities....
- Do not give it directly from the bottle, use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Domstal 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Domstal suspension works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if your child has a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if your child is taking medicines to treat your heart problems, cancer, fungal or bacterial infections, mental health problems, stomach and intestines problems, malaria, allergy.
Interactions with food items
Domstal suspension should be given to your child on an empty stomach.
Storage and disposal of Domstal 1 MG
- Store Domstal suspension at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Domstal 1 MG
Symptoms of an overdose include difficulty in speaking, poor orientation to the surroundings, dizziness, unconsciousness, irregular heartbeats, loss of balance and poor muscle control. Seek urgent medical help in case of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed giving any dose of Domstal, then give it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Domstal suspension?
A: Domstal suspension is used to prevent nausea and vomiting and indigestion. It also increases the movement of food into the stomach, thus helping in the digestion of food. This medicine is specially designed for use in children and should be used under adult supervision
Q: How to take Domstal suspension?
- Domstal suspension should be given to your child as prescribed by the doctor.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Shake it well before and always use a dropper for exact quantities.
- It should be taken before a meal.
Q: What are the side effects of Domstal?
A: Dry mouth, headache, are a few side effects that can be seen during the treatment with Domstal. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. If it persists for long inform the paediatrician.
Q: Can Domstal syrup be taken empty stomach?
A: You should give Domstal syrup before a meal or as advised by the doctor. Shake it well before use and always use a dropper for exact quantities.
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.