Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets
Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets contains a combination of Domperidone and Paracetamol (also called Acetaminophen). It is used to treat the symptoms of migraine like nausea, vomiting. It should be taken as
directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. This medicine should be taken on an empty stomach. You may experience side effects like dry mouth, diarrhoea. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Domperidone, Paracetamol or any other ingredients of Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- If you have any problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- If you have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding from ulcers.
- If you have an obstruction, blockage or tear in the intestine or in any part of the gut.
- If you are suffering from a condition called prolactinoma (a tumour in your pituitary gland which releases an excess of prolactin hormone).
Side effects of Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets
- A dry mouth
- Diarrhoea, sleepiness, tiredness, skin rash, itching (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- Your symptoms persist for more than 3 days.
- You are suffering from any problems with your heart, liver or kidney.
- You are on medications like ketoconazole, erythromycin.
- You are taking any other medicine containing paracetamol or domperidone.
- Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets should not be used in children below 5 years of age.
Mode of Action of Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets works by the combined effects of both its components - Domperidone and Paracetamol.
- Domperidone is used to control nausea and vomiting caused due to migraine. It acts by increasing the motility of the stomach and intestines.
- Paracetamol works by blocking the release of certain chemical substances which cause pain and fever. So, all the symptoms related to migraine improve gradually.
Directions for Use of Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines like ketoconazole (to treat fungal infection) or erythromycin (antibiotic).
- Concomitant use of Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets along with blood thinners like warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Other medicines like Metoclopramide, Cholestyramine, Chloramphenicol should be used with caution along with Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Q: Can Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets be taken after food?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Domcet Strip Of 10 Tablets may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....