Doloact Mr Dt Tab
By OCHOA LABORATIORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Non ReturnableRead More
Doloact Mr Dt Tab contains a combination of three medicines Diclofenac, Paracetamol and Chlorzoxazone. It is used for the treatment of painful muscle spasm associated with musculoskeletal conditions and to reduce swelling and inflammation of joints and bones. Doloact Mr Dt Tab works by interfering with the production of chemicals responsible for inflammatory reactions such as prostaglandin and relaxes the muscles by painful signals to brains from the site of pain. You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after meals. Do not take this medicine for relieving pain before, during or after cardiac bypass surgery. Common side effects associated with Doloact Mr Dt Tab are nausea, vomiting, dizziness and fatigue, these are temporary and go away on their own. If there you feel any allergic reaction or the side effects persist then inform your doctor.
Uses of Doloact Mr Dt Tab
Doloact Mr Dt Tab is used for relieving pain and inflammation of muscles, joints and bones in conditions such as arthritis, spondylitis and injuries. It is also used after operations and surgeries for relieving pain, inflammation and swelling.
Contraindications of Doloact Mr Dt Tab
- If you are allergic to Diclofenac, Paracetamol, Chlorzoxazone or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have problems with kidney and liver function.
- If you are pregnant or elderly. (65 years of age or older)
- If you are experiencing bleeding from the stomach and intestine or have an active peptic ulcer.
- If you are allergic to other painkillers such as aspirin and have experienced severe asthma, rashes or any other allergy
- If you are suffering from any heart disease like heart failure and high blood pressure.
- This medicine should not be used for relieving pain before, during and after bypass surgery of the heart.
Side effects of Doloact Mr Dt Tab
- Liver problem
Precautions and Warnings of Doloact Mr Dt Tab
Can I take Doloact Mr Dt Tab during pregnancy?
It is unsafe to take this medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it should not be taken by pregnant women. Taking this medicine during pregnancy can cause defects in the baby's heart or even delay of delivery or increase the risk of bleeding.
Can I take Doloact Mr Dt Tab while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to use this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Doloact Mr Dt Tab ?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Doloact Mr Dt Tab ?
It is advised to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen your liver problems and other side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems like high blood pressure, heart failure.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have a kidney disorder, this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure.
- Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems like bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease or you are passing black tarry stools.
- You have asthma as this medicine can worsen the same.
- You have Systemic lupus erththramoses (an autoimmune disorder).
- You are an alcoholic. Then, concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood like clotting problems and anaemia.
- You have skin rashes & lesions after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Doloact Mr Dt Tab
How Does It Work?
- Doloact Mr Dt Tab works by the combined action of its three components. Diclofenac and Paracetamol inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are responsible for causing pain, swelling and inflammation thus offers anti-inflammatory properties.read less
- Chlorzoxazone is a muscle relaxant that works by blocking the signals of painful sensation through the nerve to the brain and reduces pain and stiffness.
Directions for Use of Doloact Mr Dt Tab
Doloact Mr Dt Tab should be taken as advised by the doctor with a sufficient amount of water. It is taken as directed by your doctor and preferably after meals.
Interactions of Doloact Mr Dt Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take any other medicines containing Paracetamol or Diclofenac as there is a risk of liver damage.
- If you are taking medicines for high blood pressure, this medicine can interfere with their effect.
- Medicines like water pills can lead to kidney damage when taken along with it.
- Caution is needed if you are taking medicines to treat heart failure.
- This medicine can increase the levels of lithium and methotrexate. Discuss with your doctor before starting the treatment.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplants like ciclosporin & tacrolimus can result in kidney damage if taken with this medicine.
- Increased risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids or other pain relief medicines like Aspirin.
- There is a risk of bleeding if you are taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin and Coumarin.
- Increased risk of fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin.
- If you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs.
- Medicines used to treat fits, seizures & depression-like Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin and Clonazepam should be used with caution as Myospaz Forte can increase the side effects of these medicines.read less
- Medicine used to treat gout-like Probenecid, medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Chloramphenicol, Rifampicin and HIV infections like Zidovudine should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Doloact Mr Dt Tab
- Doloact Mr Dt Tab should be store below 30°C
- It should be kept away from moisture and heat
Dosage of Doloact Mr Dt Tab
Taking Doloact Mr Dt Tab in high doses may result in serious liver and kidney damage. Other symptoms of overdose include headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Take the next dose as soon as you remember. Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking this medicine?
A: You are supposed to tell the doctor your health condition like if you have diabetes, blood disorders, liver disease or kidney disease. Also inform them about all other medicines, herbal preparations and over the counter products you are taking.
Q: Can I take Doloact Mr Dt Tab for a toothache?
A: Do not take this medicine without consulting your dentist. The underlying cause of toothache can be different. Therefore, do not self medicate.
Q: How do Doloact Mr Dt Tab tablets work?
A: Doloact Mr Dt Tab contains Paracetamol, Diclofenac and Chlorzoxazone. Paracetamol and Diclofenac reduce the production of chemicals responsible for inflammation and pain. Chlorzoxazone helps in relaxing the muscles and improves pain and stiffness caused by muscle strains and sprains.
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with Doloact Mr Dt Tab?
A: No, it is not safe to take any other medicines to relieve pain along with this medicine. Concomitant use of painkillers can cause adverse effects like gastrointestinal bleeding and liver damage.
- Bluecross Laboratories. Diclofenac+Paracetamol+Chlorzoxazone. [Accessed on 14-oct-2020] (online)
- Ciplamed. CIP-ZOX Tablets. [Accessed on 14-oct-2020] (online)
- Dailymed. Chlorzoxazone. PI. [Accessed on 14-oct-2020] (online)
- EMA. Diclofenac. SmPC. [Accessed on 14-oct-2020] (online)
- EMA. Paracetamol. SmPC. [Accessed on 14-oct-2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 15 Oct 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved