Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dolamide Tablet is a combination of two medicines Nimesulide and Paracetamol. This medicine is a painkiller belonging to the Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) class. It has analgesic and a
nti-inflammatory along with antipyretic action. Dolamide Tablet provides symptomatic relief from headache, toothache, fever, and various other kinds of pain such as ear, joint and menstrual. You may sometimes experience stomach discomforts and irritation. Thus, it is recommended to take it with meals to avoid stomach upset. Do not take this medicine for more than the prescribed duration and dose, as it increases the risk of stomach-intestinal ulcers when taken for a prolonged duration....
Uses of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dolamide Tablet is used to provide relief from fever, headache, toothache, pain like ear pain, joint pain and pain during menses.
Contraindications of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, nimesulide, other anti-inflammatory medicines (aspirin) or any of the ingredient of Dolamide Tablet.
- If you have a history of liver damage induced by anti-inflammatory medicines like (Nimesulide).
- If you have or had a history of stomach bleeding, ulcer and inflammation of stomach lining.
- If you have problems related to blood clotting and bleeding disorders.
- If you have impaired liver or kidney function.
- If you have a serious heart failure problem.
- If you are an alcoholic or drug addict.
- If you are suffering from symptoms of flu-like fever, chills, shivering.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Loose stools
- Stomach or intestine ulcers
- Redness of skin
- Allergic symptoms like breathlessness, swelling of face and lips, eyes
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Dolamide Tablet during pregnancy?
- Dolamide Tablet should not be used during pregnancy, especially during the last three months of pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby along with delaying the delivery term.
- If you are a woman planning to conceive, this medicine can hamper your fertility. Hence it should be avoided by such women. Talk to your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy or think you may be pregnant....Read more
Can I take Dolamide Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Dolamide Tablet pass into breast milk and may cause harm to your newborn baby. Thus, it should be avoided by breastfeeding women, unless advised by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dolamide Tablet?
If you experience drowsiness and sleepiness after taking Dolamide Tablet, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Dolamide Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment with Dolamide Tablet, as it may worsen your liver problems. Do not consume alcohol while on this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you take it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience loss of appetite, nausea, stomach pain and weakness. These could be signs of serious liver damage.
- You develop black tarry stools or vomit blood, immediately stop the medicine.
- You are elderly, the chances of side effects increases.
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney or heart disease.
- You have a history of stomach or intestine ulcers.
- You are expected to go through any upcoming surgery.
- Taking Dolamide Tablet for long is not advised as it can increase the risk of heart disease or stomach bleeds.
- Dolamide Tablet should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Natural chemical substance prostaglandins, causes pain, swelling and fever.
- Dolamide Tablet blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain.
- It acts on the area of the brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus it helps in controlling the fever.
Directions for Use of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dolamide Tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and can be taken after food. Take it for a short duration of time. Prolonged use of this medicine is not recommended.
Interactions of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as Dolamide Tablet contains Paracetamol & Nimesulide, any interactions are seen with these two components when taken alone mayoccur with this combination....Read more
- You may experience stomach bleeding and ulcers if used along with steroids.
- This medicine may interfere with the working of blood thinners like Warfarin.
- Do not take this medicine along with vomiting medicines like Domperidone and Metoclopramide.
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure like water pill and captopril.
- Medicines used for mental problems like Lithium, Phenytoin and Phenobarbital.
- Medicine used to treat a certain type of cancer or arthritis-like Methotrexate.
- Medicine used to modify the immune system during organ transplant like cyclosporine.
- Medicine used to treat gout-like probenecid.
- Medicines used to treat infections like Chloramphenicol and Rifampicin.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Storage and disposal
- Store Dolamide Tablet in a cool and dry place and protected from moisture and light.
- Keep it out of reach of the children and pets.
Dosage of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Overdose of Dolamide Tablet may result in serious liver damage.
- Other symptoms include nausea, vomiting, stomach discomforts, stomach bleed, skin rash, fever and chills.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Dolamide Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Dolamide Tablet for six months?
- No, prolonged use of Dolamide Tablet can be harmful for your health.
- Use of this medicine is meant only for short relief of pain.
- Do not use it for more than 15 days.
- Use for a prolonged period may result in stomach and intestine ulcers and an increased risk of heart disease.
Q: My child has toothache, can I give Dolamide Tablet to him?
A: No, never give Dolamide Tablet to your child. This medicine is not meant for children as it can cause liver damage in them.
Q: How to use Dolamide Tablet?
A: Dolamide Tablet should be used only to gain temporary relief from various pain such as headache, joint, ear, tooth and even fever. This medicine should not be used for a long duration. It should be taken as a whole with a glass of water, preferably after meals to avoid stomach upset.
Q: Can I take Dolamide Tablet for a cold?
A: Dolamide Tablet does not provide relief from cold conditions. This medicine will only provide relief from headache due to cold. As, this medicine is a painkiller.
- EMA. SmPC. Paracetamol. [ Accessed on 22.March.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Trademark. [ Accessed on 22.March.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Nimesulide. [ Accessed on 22.March.2021 ] (online)
- TGA. Paracetamol. [ Accessed on 22.March.2021 ] (online)
- Salvavidaspharma. Nimesulide Paracetamol tablet. [ Accessed on 22.March.2021 ] (online)
|You Save||₹12.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Nimesulide(100.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain, inflammation, fever|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, indigestion, vomiting|
Last Updated on: 25 Mar 2021 | 09:27 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved