Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Dolamide Tablet is a combination of two medicines Nimesulide and Paracetamol. This medicine is a painkiller belonging to the Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) class. It has analgesic and
anti-inflammatory along with antipyretic action. Dolamide Tablet provides symptomatic relief from headache, toothache, fever, and various other kinds of pain such as ear, joint and menstrual. You may sometimes experience stomach discomforts and irritation. Thus, it is recommended to take it with meals to avoid stomach upset. Do not take this medicine for more than the prescribed duration and dose, as it increases the risk of stomach-intestinal ulcers when taken for a prolonged duration.
|You Save||₹12.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Nimesulide(100.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain, inflammation, fever|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, indigestion, vomiting|
- Nimstru P 325mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 35.00₹ 28.0059% CHEAPER₹ 2.8/Tablet
- Nicip Plus TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 65.10₹ 45.5733% CHEAPER₹ 4.56/Tablet
- Nodard Plus TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 57.75₹ 54.8620% CHEAPER₹ 5.49/Tablet
- Lupisulide P Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.40₹ 46.2432% CHEAPER₹ 4.62/Tablet
- Nimupain Plus TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 62.00₹ 43.4037% CHEAPER₹ 4.34/Tablet
- Sumo Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 136.00₹ 115.60₹ 7.71/Tablet
- Nobel Plus Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 68.00₹ 57.8016% CHEAPER₹ 5.78/Tablet
- Nimsaid P Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.00₹ 63.757% CHEAPER₹ 6.38/Tablet
- Nimulid Hf Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.95₹ 67.951% CHEAPER₹ 6.8/Tablet
- Nimsaid P Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Medley Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 112.50₹ 95.627% CHEAPER₹ 6.37/Tablet
Uses of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, nimesulide, other anti-inflammatory medicines (aspirin) or any of the ingredient of Dolamide Tablet.
- If you have a history of liver damage induced by anti-inflammatory medicines like (Nimesulide).
- If you have or had a history of stomach bleeding, ulcer and inflammation of stomach lining.
- If you have problems related to blood clotting and bleeding disorders.
- If you have impaired liver or kidney function.
- If you have a serious heart failure problem.
- If you are an alcoholic or drug addict.
- If you are suffering from symptoms of flu-like fever, chills, shivering.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Loose stools
- Stomach or intestine ulcers
- Redness of skin
- Allergic symptoms like breathlessness, swelling of face and lips, eyes
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dolamide Tablet should not be used during pregnancy, especially during the last three months of pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby along with delaying the delivery term.
- If you are a woman planning to conceive, this medicine can hamper your fertility. Hence it should be avoided by such women. Talk to your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy or think you may be pregnant....
Other General Warnings
- You experience loss of appetite, nausea, stomach pain and weakness. These could be signs of serious liver damage.
- You develop black tarry stools or vomit blood, immediately stop the medicine.
- You are elderly, the chances of side effects increases.
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney or heart disease.
- You have a history of stomach or intestine ulcers.
- You are expected to go through any upcoming surgery.
- Taking Dolamide Tablet for long is not advised as it can increase the risk of heart disease or stomach bleeds.
- Dolamide Tablet should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Natural chemical substance prostaglandins, causes pain, swelling and fever.
- Dolamide Tablet blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain.
- It acts on the area of the brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus it helps in controlling the fever.
Directions for Use of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as Dolamide Tablet contains Paracetamol & Nimesulide, any interactions are seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- You may experience stomach bleeding and ulcers if used along with steroids.
- This medicine may interfere with the working of blood thinners like Warfarin.
- Do not take this medicine along with vomiting medicines like Domperidone and Metoclopramide.
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure like water pill and captopril.
- Medicines used for mental problems like Lithium, Phenytoin and Phenobarbital.
- Medicine used to treat a certain type of cancer or arthritis-like Methotrexate.
- Medicine used to modify the immune system during organ transplant like cyclosporine.
- Medicine used to treat gout-like probenecid.
- Medicines used to treat infections like Chloramphenicol and Rifampicin.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
Storage and disposal
- Store Dolamide Tablet in a cool and dry place and protected from moisture and light.
- Keep it out of reach of the children and pets.
Dosage of Dolamide Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Overdose of Dolamide Tablet may result in serious liver damage.
- Other symptoms include nausea, vomiting, stomach discomforts, stomach bleed, skin rash, fever and chills.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Dolamide Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Dolamide Tablet for six months?
- No, prolonged use of Dolamide Tablet can be harmful for your health.
- Use of this medicine is meant only for short relief of pain.
- Do not use it for more than 15 days.
- Use for a prolonged period may result in stomach and intestine ulcers and an increased risk of heart disease.
Q: My child has toothache, can I give Dolamide Tablet to him?
Q: How to use Dolamide Tablet?
Q: Can I take Dolamide Tablet for a cold?
- EMA. SmPC. Paracetamol. [ Accessed on 22.March.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Trademark. [ Accessed on 22.March.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Nimesulide. [ Accessed on 22.March.2021 ] (online)
- TGA. Paracetamol. [ Accessed on 22.March.2021 ] (online)
- Salvavidaspharma. Nimesulide Paracetamol tablet. [ Accessed on 22.March.2021 ] (online)