Diprovate Lotion 30ml
Diprovate 0.05 % Description
Diprovate lotion is used in relieving redness, itchiness of certain types of skin problems. Diprovate lotion contains betamethasone as its active ingredient, a steroid medicine. It is meant only for
external applications and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. Wash your hands before and after applying the lotion. Avoid direct contact with eyes. In case of accidental, you may experience some application site reactions as side effects. However, they normally fade away with time. Inform your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. You should also inform the doctor if you have any underlying medical condition, especially skin-related problems and use any other topical formulation.
Uses of Diprovate 0.05 %
Contraindications of Diprovate 0.05 %
- If you are allergic to betamethasone or any other ingredients of Diprovate lotion.
- If you have any infection or infected skin.
- If you have acne or pimples, skin redness near or on the nose, rash around your mouth, itching or itchy skin.
Side effects of Diprovate 0.05 %
Precautions and Warnings of Diprovate 0.05 %
Other General Warnings
- You have an undiagnosed problem with the skin.
- You have a skin condition called psoriasis. It may require more often follow up with a doctor.
- You are using this medicine for a chronic leg ulcer.
- You are applying Diprovate lotion under an airtight dressing.
- You are applying it near the eyes or eyelids or on the face.
- You have had an allergic reaction in the past with some other steroid medicine.
- You are applying for the medicine on a larger surface area, broken skin or under skin folds.
- Diprovate lotion is not recommended for children under 1 year of age.
- It should be used carefully and not for more than 5 days if applying it on the face or children' skin. Due to thin skin, it may absorb a large amount of medicine and cause adverse effects.
- Do not smoke or go close to the flame while you have applied for this medicine.
Mode of Action of Diprovate 0.05 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Diprovate 0.05 %
- Diprovate lotion is only for application on the skin, and for external use only.
- Wash and dry your hands before the application of this medication.
- Clean the affected area and let it dry before its application.
- Apply a thin layer of this medication on the affected area and gently rub it in.
- Do not close the affected area with a bandage or wrap.
Interactions of Diprovate 0.05 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Diprovate lotion is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Medicines like ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), itraconazole (used to treat fungal infection) should be used with caution along with Diprovate lotion.
Storage and disposal of Diprovate 0.05 %
- Stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep away from the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the lotion is expired.
- Replace the cap tightly after each use.
Dosage of Diprovate 0.05 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Diprovate lotion be used to treat sore nipples?
Q: Can Diprovate lotion be used for acne or pimples?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 November 2021]
- Betnovate RD Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 November 2021]
- Betnovate RD Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 November 2021]
- Betamethasone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 16 November 2021]