Diospas 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By A.MENARINI INDIA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Diospas Tablet is an anti-spasmodic medicine. It is used for the treatment of muscle spasm, cramps, stomach pain due to a condition called irritable bowel disorders. It contains dicyclomine as its active ingredient. Take Diospas Tablet exactly as instructed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before starting the medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy and about the medicines and supplements you take and the conditions or diseases you suffer from. Along with taking the medicine, you should also make certain lifestyle modification to manage the condition better. Consume high fibre food, reduce intake of high fat and spicy food, limit consumption of alcohol, caffeine and carbonated drink and do regular exercise....
|You Save||₹13.50 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(10.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Diospas 10 MG
Diospas Tablet is used to treat muscle spasm, cramps, pain in the stomach, intestine and abdomen due to bowel disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome.
Contraindications of Diospas 10 MG
- If you are allergic to dicyclomine or other ingredients of the medicine.
- If you heart problems or bleeding disorders.
- If you have an eye disorder called glaucoma.
- If you have a condition called myasthenia gravis, characterized by muscle weakness and fatigue.
- If you have difficulty in passing urine due to obstructive problems of the kidney and urethra.
- If you have an obstructive disorder of the gut, acid reflux problems, inflammation in the intestine and colon.
- The medicine should not be given to infants below 6-months of age and breastfeeding women.
Side effects of Diospas 10 MG
- Dry mouth
- Lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Diospas 10 MG
Can I take Diospas Tablet during pregnancy?
The safety of Diospas Tablet in human pregnancy has not been established. The doctor can prescribe you if essential. If you become pregnant while taking the medicine inform the doctor immediately.
Can I take Diospas Tablet while breastfeeding?
Diospas Tablet should not be used if you are breastfeeding. If the treatment is essential for the nursing mother the doctor may ask you to discontinue breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Diospas Tablet?
There is no known interaction if the medicine affects your driving abilities. You may experience blurred vision and dizziness after taking Diospas Tablet. Be careful and alert if you have such symptoms after taking the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Diospas Tablet?
The interaction of Diospas Tablet with alcohol is not clear. Avoid consuming alcohol in excess as alcohol is known to irritate the gut. Consult the doctor for more information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver, intestine, kidney or heart disorder.
- You have a condition called myasthenia gravis characterized by muscle weakness and fatigue.
- You may have a clinical condition called hernia or acid reflux problems, ulcers in the intestine.
- You are experiencing heat stroke and fever after taking the medicine.
- You are experiencing heartburn, acidity and diarrhoea.
- Be cautious if you have an enlarged prostate gland or an eye condition called glaucoma.
- Diospas Tablet should be used with caution in older people, as they may be more sensitive to the side effects.
Mode of Action of Diospas 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Dicyclomine in Diospas Tablet blocks the effect of chemical acetylcholine responsible for uncontrollable muscle movements. It acts directly on smooth muscles of the stomach and the intestine and helps to relax them and relieves pain and spasm due to bowel disorders....
Directions for Use of Diospas 10 MG
Diospas Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take regularly for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Diospas 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Diospas Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Also, you should inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if taking medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health problems, allergy, nausea & vomiting, antacids, pain relief medicines.
- Concurrent use of Diospas Tablet is not recommended along with medicines to treat glaucoma like timolol, bimatoprost, latanoprost as it increases the pressure inside the eyes.
- Simultaneous use of other medicines like loperamide, neostigmine, digoxin, antacids and Gaviscon is not recommended. If you are not sure about which are these medicines, ask the doctor.
Storage and disposal of Diospas 10 MG
- Store Diospas Tablet at a cool and dry place, protect from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly, avoid flushing in the toilet or throwing it into the drain.
Dosage of Diospas 10 MG
Symptoms of an overdose include headache, nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, dilated pupils, hot and dry skin, dizziness, mouth dryness, difficulty in swallowing, fits. If you experience the symptoms or you have taken too much of Diospas Tablet, then contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of Diospas Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule. Avoid a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Diospas Tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking the Diospas Tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking the medicine, it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Any special dietary modifications I need to make while taking Diospas Tablet?
A: No one diet works for all however you should try to consume food rich in fibre, avoid gluten, fatty meat and dairy products, limit consumption of carbonated drinks, caffeine and alcohol. Consult the doctor or a registered dietician for more information.
Q: How to take Diospas Tablet?
A: Take Diospas Tablet as directed by the doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- BENTYL (dicyclomine hydrochloride), USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 25 May 2021]
- Dicycloverine 20 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 May 2021]
- Lactmed - Dicyclomine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 25 May 2021]
- So What Can I Eat? | The IBS Network [Internet]. Theibsnetwork.org. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.