Dinofirst 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dinofirst 2 MG Description
Dinofirst Tablet is a hormonal prepration containing dienogest as its active ingredient. It is a man-made form of the female hormone progestin. Dinofirst Tablet is used for the treatment of endometri
osis. It is a condition that occurs in females, in this condition where tissue similar to the lining of the uterus grows outside the uterus, causing pain and/or infertility. This medicine suppresses the action of certain hormones that are involved in the formation of the lining of the Dinofirst Tablet. Your doctor will decide the dose and duration of the treatment after accessing your condition. Take this medicine as told by your doctor. Also, inform your doctor about all the medicines you are currently taking or the disease condition you suffer from.
Uses of Dinofirst 2 MG
Contraindications of Dinofirst 2 MG
Side effects of Dinofirst 2 MG
- Breast discomfort
- Mood changes
Precautions and Warnings of Dinofirst 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver, kidney or heart-related problem.
- You have or a family history of breast cancer.
- You have or a family history of blood clotting disorder at an early age.
- You have diabetes or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- You have ever had chloasma (golden-brown patches on the
- skin, particularly on the face).
- You suffer or have suffered from mood-related disorders.
- Long term use of this medicine can reduce bone density. This needs to be discussed with the doctor before initiating the treatment.
Mode of Action of Dinofirst 2 MG
How Does It Work?
- Dienogest present in this medicine is a man-made or synthetic form of the female hormone progesterone. It works by suppressing the production of a hormone that is responsible for the formation of the lining of the uterus (endometrium)....
- This prevents the growth of the endometrium and helps relieve pelvic pain and other symptoms associated with endometriosis.
Directions for Use of Dinofirst 2 MG
- Take the Dinofirst Tablets exactly as your doctor tells you to take them.
- Your doctor will tell you how much the Dinofirst Tablets to take and when to take them.
- Dinofirst Tablets can be taken with or without food. Swallow the Dinofirst Tablets whole with a liquid.
Interactions of Dinofirst 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines affect the way the Dinofirst Tablet works or Dinofirst Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, herbals you are currently taking or might take before taking this medicine.
- Especially, if you are taking certain antifungals, anti-infectives, medicines for brain-related disorders, medicines to reduce the formation of acid in the stomach, medicines for high blood pressure and anti-HIV medicines....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Dinofirst 2 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Dinofirst 2 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Dinofirst cause weight gain?
Q: Can Dinofirst affect my bone health?
- Long term use of this medicine may decrease bone mineral density.
- Your doctor will decide the benefit of this medicine over loss in bone density before initiating the treatment. He/she may also ask you to regularly monitor your bone mineral density.
- You can combat this by performing regular weight-bearing exercise and consuming a healthy diet rich in calcium and vitamin D.