By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dimclox Capsules Description
Dimclox Cap is an antibiotic medicine that contains a combination of Amoxicillin and Dicloxacillin.
|You Save||₹12.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amoxicillin + Dicloxacillin|
Check more medicines with composition as Amoxicillin + Dicloxacillin
Uses of Dimclox Capsules
- For the treatment of infection of lungs, throat, urinary tract, ear, tooth, gum, blood and other infections caused by bacteria
Contraindications of Dimclox Capsules
- If you are allergic to Amoxicillin, Dicloxacillin or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have ever experienced a serious allergic reaction after taking medicines like Cephalosporin, Carbapenem or Monobactam
Side effects of Dimclox Capsules
- Nausea and vomiting
- Skin rash
- Cloudy urine and tooth discolouration
Precautions and Warnings of Dimclox Capsules
Can I take Dimclox Cap during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine in pregnant women is not clearly known and animal studies have not shown any undesirable effects on the developing fetus. Also, it is usually considered safe.
Can I take Dimclox Cap while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk and can cause side effects like diarrhea and fungal infection of mouth in a breastfed baby. Therefore it is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dimclox Cap?
You may experience dizziness after taking these medicines which eventually affects your ability to drive and use machines. It is advised if you are experiencing any of these side effects, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Dimclox Cap?
This medicine is known to have side effects like dizziness and stomach problems. Consuming alcohol may exaggerate such symptoms. Avoid drinking when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience serious allergic reactions and skin rashes after taking this medicine
- You have watery diarrhoea, severe stomach pain and fever, immediately stop this medicine and consult your doctor
- If you have an existing kidney problem, risk of fits increases
- Use this medicine only if your doctor prescribes it. Otherwise, it may lead to drug resistance
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better
Mode of Action of Dimclox Capsules
How Does It Work?
This medicine inhibits the formation of the outer membrane of bacteria and thereby kills the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Dimclox Capsules
It should be taken as a whole with sufficient water. It should be preferably taken on an empty stomach one or two hours before meals.
Interactions of Dimclox Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience skin allergies if you are taking medications like Allopurinol along with this medicine
- Other antibiotics like Chloramphenicol, Azithromycin, Sulphonamides and Doxycycline interferes with the way this medicine works
- This medicine hampers the way oral contraceptive medicines work. Thus it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms
- Medicines known as blood thinners like Warfarin may not work when taken along with this combination
- Medicines like Methotrexate, Phenytoin and Probenecid
Storage and disposal of Dimclox Capsules
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place
- Keep it out of reach of children
Dosage of Dimclox Capsules
- An overdose of this medicine may cause serious kidney failure
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and fits in patients with existing kidney failure problems
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never missed a dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Never take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the course of antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Can I take this medicine for cold and flu as well?
A: No, you cannot take this medicine for treating cold and flu. It is used for treating bacterial infections only, while cold and flu are caused by viruses. So, taking this medicine in such conditions may lead to antibiotic resistance.
- Ciplamed. NOVACLOX. [Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
- Ema. SmPC. Amoxicillin. [Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb.Diclocil.[Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
- Dailymed.Dicloxacillin. [Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Amoxicillin/Dicloxacillin. [Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
Expires on or After
CBD Oil for Pain: A Comprehensive Review on Its Effectiveness
Key Highlights: Introduction Lately, CBD oil has been in the limelight as a potential natural answer to various health concerns. These include many forms of pain relief. Extracted from the cannabis plant, CBD oil is praised for its possible healing effects without the mind-altering impacts often linked to marijuana. In this in-depth blog post, we
What Causes Queefing: Unraveling Myths and Understanding the Facts
Key Highlights: Introduction Think of queefing as just a release of gas from the vagina. It’s common and normal. It is experienced by many women. There’s no reason to feel embarrassed or worried about it. It’s not always a sign that something’s wrong. In this article, we’ll cover the topic thoroughly. We’ll talk about why
Why Do We Have Wisdom Teeth? Unraveling the Mystery with Science
Key Highlights: Introduction Wisdom teeth have long captivated researchers, dentists, and everyday people alike. Although these teeth often cause more harm than good, they continue to grow in most of us. In this article, we will explore the scientific reasons behind the existence of wisdom teeth, the evolution of human jaws and diets, potential issues
Benefits of Tongue Scraping: A Guide to Better Oral Health
Key Highlights: Introduction We can’t ignore the impact of oral health on our general well-being. We may be able to boost our oral health with simple practices like tongue scraping. Despite the routine brushing and mouth rinsing, cleaning the tongue often gets side-stepped. Let’s delve into why tongue scraping may be beneficial. We’ll discuss its
Benefits of Getting Off Birth Control: A Research-Based Overview
Key Highlights: Introduction The first pill to avoid having babies was formulated about in the early 20th century. Since then, birth control has become a common way to plan families. As of today, many options are available for family planning. People weigh the pros and cons of hormonal birth control as compared to these other
Mysterious Flu-like Illness Is Doing the Rounds in China: Here’s What You Should Know
Introduction Barely two years after the last great outbreak of COVID-19, China is once again in the news as reports of a respiratory illness that seems to be pneumonia are emerging from the country. Naturally, people are eager for details and governments are monitoring the situation. Who is falling sick in China, why is the
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.