Diltisyn 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By THEMIS PHARMACEUTICAL LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Diltisyn Tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine. It contains diltiazem as an active ingredient. Diltisyn Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and angina (chest pain due to reduced blood supply to the heart). It works by relaxing the blood vessels thereby decreasing the blood pressure. It improves the blood supply to heart muscles. The medicine is to be taken as directed by the doctor before or after food. High blood pressure and angina are critical health conditions if not treated well may affect other organs of the body including the heart, blood vessels, kidneys, brain etc and may lead to heart attack, heart failure, vision loss, kidney failure. Taking the medicine regularly as prescribed by the doctor along with other lifestyle modifications such as eating a healthy diet low in salt and fat, staying active, maintaining a healthy weight, and consuming alcohol in moderation may help you control blood pressure better. You should also inform the doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment. For the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood supply to the heart)....
|You Save||₹2.72 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||High blood pressure & angina|
|Side effects||Fluid retention, swelling, dizziness, stomach upset|
Check more medicines with composition as Diltiazem(30.0 Mg)
Uses of Diltisyn 30 MG
For the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood supply to the heart).
Contraindications of Diltisyn 30 MG
- If you are allergic to other ingredients of the medicine.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- If you have a heart-related disorder such as heart block, sick sinus, heart failure.
- If you have heart failure along with fluid accumulation in the lungs.
- If you have taken or taking a muscle relaxant medicine dantrolene via injection.
Side effects of Diltisyn 30 MG
- Fluid retention
Precautions and Warnings of Diltisyn 30 MG
Can I take Diltisyn Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available on the use of the medicine during pregnancy, Hence should not be used by a pregnant woman and women of child bearing age not using effective contraception. If you become pregnanct while taking the medicine inform the doctor immediatley.
Can I take Diltisyn Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of the medicine pass in breast milk in small amounts. Breastfeeding while taking the medicine should be avoided and an alternative method for infant feeding should be considered.
Can I drive if I have consumed Diltisyn Tablet?
The medicine very commonly may make a person feel sick and dizzy. Avoid driving if affected.
Can I consume alcohol with Diltisyn Tablet?
Excessive alcohol consumption may raise blood pressure; hence, caution is advised. The individual with high blood pressure should avoid binge drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a heart-related condition apart from what the medicine is being used for.
- You have slow heart rate problems, heart block, heart failure, etc.
- You have a condition called porphyria (a blood-related disorder that may affect the brain and skin).
- You are going for surgery which requires you to be on anesthesis, inform the doctor you are taking the medicine.
- You have a liver or kidney-related condition.
- You may experience mood changes and feel low very often after initiating treatment with the medicine.
Mode of Action of Diltisyn 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Diltisyn Tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels and therefore decrease in blood pressure. It improves the blood supply to muscles of the heart and relieves angina.
Directions for Use of Diltisyn 30 MG
- Take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor before or after taking food with water.
- Try to take the medicine at a fixed time for effective blood pressure control.
Interactions of Diltisyn 30 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines may affect the way Diltisyn Tablet works, or Diltisyn itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Dantrolene a muscle relaxant medicine should never be taken while taking the medicine and medicines used vasodilators such as nitrates should not be taken along with the medicine as it may lead to a pronounced drop in blood pressure....
- Especially if you should be cautious if you are taking other blood pressure-lowering medicine, certain antibiotics, acidity medicines, steroids, medicines for a brain-related disorder, anti-HIV medicines, cholesterol-lowering medicines, immunomodulators, medicines for heart conditions, and muscle relaxants....
Storage and disposal of Diltisyn 30 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard unused portion properly.
Dosage of Diltisyn 30 MG
Symptoms of an overdose include an excessive drop in blood pressure leading to collapse or fall, slow heart rate etc. Inform the doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital immediately if you have taken too much of the medicine. Always carry the strip of remaining medicine for making it easier to predict the extent of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of the medicine as it may lead to an excessive rise in blood pressure and other complications. If you miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember if there is sufficient time left for the next scheduled dose. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not compensate for the missed dose by taking an extra dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Diltisyn Tablet if I start feeling better, and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking the medicine suddenly, as it may worsen your condition of hypertension. Instead, you should consult the doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Q: What lifestyle modification I should follow to control blood pressure?
A: You should take medicine regularly at the same time. In addition to that, making lifestyle changes may also help to control your blood pressure. These changes include eating a healthy diet, low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising at least 30 minutes every day, reducing alcohol consumption, and taking a pause on smoking habits.
Q: What complications if high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure may cause serious complications in several body parts. It causes heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.