Dicorate Er 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dicorate Er 500 MG Description
Dicorate ER 500 tablet is used to treat fits/seizures. It is also used to treat certain symptoms like mood swings and aggressiveness associated with bipolar disorder. It contains divalproex as its ac
tive ingredient. Dicorate ER 500 tablet is also used as a supportive treatment for migraine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. This medicine should not be used in pregnant women and lactating mothers. Inform your doctor about all the medicines/supplements you are taking and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Dicorate ER 500 tablet. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Uses of Dicorate Er 500 MG
- Dicorate ER 500 tablet is used in the treatment of epilepsy (fits or seizures) and manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder.
- It is also used for the treatment of migraine.
Contraindications of Dicorate Er 500 MG
- If you are allergic to divalproex or any other ingredients of Dicorate ER 500 tablet.
- If you or any of your family members have a history of liver problems.
- If you have a condition called urea cycle disorder.
- If you have an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- If you have a mitochondrial disorder (a genetic disorder).
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Side effects of Dicorate Er 500 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Dicorate Er 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have suicidal thoughts, unusual changes in mood or behaviour, worsening depression after taking this medicine.
- Your fits/seizures have worsened.
- You have diabetes.
- You experience changes in weight after taking Dicorate ER 500 tablet.
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are suffering from a pancreas problem like swelling or inflammation in the pancreas.
- You are suffering from a brain disease or any metabolic condition that is affecting your brain.
- You have a condition known as urea cycle disorder.
- You have a long-term autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- You suffer from any mitochondrial disorder.
- You notice any serious allergic reactions or unwanted side effects after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Dicorate Er 500 MG
How Does It Work?
- Dicorate ER 500 tablet increases the levels of a chemical called GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) in the brain that is required for the nerves to communicate with each other. This reduces the communication between the nerves and is thus used to treat fits/seizures. ...
- This medicine works in mood disorders by stabilizing the levels of chemicals in your brain that affect your mood.
Directions for Use of Dicorate Er 500 MG
- Take Dicorate ER 500 tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Take this medicine exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablet.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Dicorate Er 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dicorate ER 500 tablet works, or Dicorate ER 500 tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Dicorate ER 500 tablet along with medicines used for treating pain (aspirin), fits/seizures (phenobarbital, carbamazepine) may increase your chances of having side effects.
- Use of medicines like warfarin (blood thinners), zidovudine (used in HIV infection), temozolomide (used in cancer), selegiline, diazepam, quetiapine (used to treat mental health disorders), ropofol (used for anaesthesia) along with Dicorate ER 500 tablet may increase their effects....
- Particular care should be taken when using medicines like chloroquine (used in malaria), cimetidine (used in stomach ulcers), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), rifampicin, and meropenem (antibiotics), cholestyramine (used to lower cholesterol)....
Storage and disposal of Dicorate Er 500 MG
- Dicorate ER 500 tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children and pets.