Dianorm M Od Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dianorm M Od Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Dianorm M OD tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. It is used to manage type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults when dietary modifications, exercise and weight management alone are not sufficient to contro
blood sugar levels. It contains a combination of gliclazide and metformin as active ingredients. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting treatment with Dianorm M OD tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. It is recommended to make certain lifestyle modifications, including regular exercise, avoiding smoking and alcohol and eating a healthy diet with fruits and vegetables while taking this medicine to ensure better control of your blood sugar levels.
Uses of Dianorm M Od Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Dianorm M Od Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to gliclazide, metformin or any other ingredients of Dianorm M OD tablet.
- If you have any existing medical condition like liver or kidney related problem, any kind of heart disorder, lung disease or blood-related disorder, etc.
- If you consume alcohol in excess.
- If you have diabetic pre-coma.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have a planned surgery.
Side effects of Dianorm M Od Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Impaired taste
Precautions and Warnings of Dianorm M Od Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dianorm M OD tablet is not recommended for use during pregnancy. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting this medicine during pregnancy. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, talk to your doctor....
- No information is available on the effect of Dianorm M OD tablet on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you experience any effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving....
- It is suggested to keep sugar or a bar of chocolate in your car with you always while driving.
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood sugar levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances, and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice. Avoid consuming sugar-free during such episodes....
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol when you are taking Dianorm M OD tablet as it interferes with the way this medicine works. Consumption of alcohol during the treatment may lead to an increased risk of low blood sugar levels....
Other General Warnings
- You have any known medical condition like liver or kidney related, heart disorder etc.
- You have planned a surgery or undergone through surgery.
- You have a history of allergic reaction due to any medicine.
Mode of Action of Dianorm M Od Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Dianorm M OD tablet contains a combination of gliclazide and metformin as active ingredients.
- Gliclazide acts by stimulating insulin secretion from the β-cells of the pancreas and increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas.
- Metformin helps to restore the body's proper response to the insulin it naturally produces.
Directions for Use of Dianorm M Od Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Dianorm M OD tablet exactly as recommended by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- It is recommended to preferably take this medicine at the same time everyday for optimal benefits.
Interactions of Dianorm M Od Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dianorm M OD tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
- Especially if you are taking any other anti-diabetic medicines like insulin, water pills, blood pressure reducing medicines, medicines for brain and heart-related disorders, anti-epileptic medicines, anti-tuberculosis medicines etc....
- Other medicines which may interact with Dianorm M OD tablet are painkillers oral contraceptives, antidepressants like alprazolam etc.
Storage and disposal of Dianorm M Od Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Dianorm M OD tablet below 25°C in cool and dry place.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Dianorm M Od Strip Of 10 Tablets
- An overdose of Dianorm M OD tablet can cause low blood sugar levels, sweating, drowsiness, tremors etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of anti-diabetic medications as they can lead to fluctuations in your blood sugar level.
- However, if you have missed taking any dose of Dianorm M OD tablet, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow being a diabetic patient?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily
Q: What should I avoid in my diet?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oil and fried food.
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep fried pulses
- Avoid creams soups, carrot juice, deep fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil
- Avoid Sitaphal, mango, jackfruit, fruit salads with ice cream, fruit-based desserts
Q: I develop low blood sugar levels often, what could be the possible reasons?
- Risk factors for developing low blood glucose levels include not taking adequate meals or missing meals, too much alcohol consumption, taking other anti-diabetic medicines, fever and too much exercise....
- Report to your doctor about these episodes. You may need a dose of adjustment.