Diamicron Xr 60mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
By SERVIER INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED (FORMERLY KNOWN AS SERDIA PHARMACEUTICALS (INDIA) PVT LTD)
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Diamicron Xr 60 MG Description
Diamicron XR 60 tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing gliclazide as its active ingredient. It is used to lower blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet and exercise are unabl
e to lower the sugar levels. Take the Diamicron XR 60 tablet exactly as instructed by the doctor, preferably at the same time. It should be taken before food. Do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Before using the Diamicron XR 60 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹32.34 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Type 2 Diabetes|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, stomach ache, low sugar levels|
Check more medicines with composition as Gliclazide(60.0 Mg)
6 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Diamicron Xr 60mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Loyzide Xr 60mg Tablets 15'sBy Lloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 144.90₹ 123.1637.28% CHEAPER₹ 8.21/Tablet
- Nobegliz 60mg Xr Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.55₹ 56.5756.76% CHEAPER₹ 5.66/Tablet
- Glykind 60mg Xr Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.52₹ 68.4447.75% CHEAPER₹ 6.84/Tablet
- Reclide Xr 60mg Tablets 15'sBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 216.75₹ 184.246.19% CHEAPER₹ 12.28/Tablet
- Glizid Xr 60mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 99.00₹ 84.1535.68% CHEAPER₹ 8.42/Tablet
- Glz Xr TabletBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 217.90₹ 185.215.65% CHEAPER₹ 12.35/Tablet
Uses of Diamicron Xr 60 MG
Diamicron XR 60 tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus, when diet, exercise and weight loss fail to lower blood sugar.
Contraindications of Diamicron Xr 60 MG
- If you are allergic to gliclazide or any other ingredients of Diamicron XR 60 tablet
- If you have type 1 diabetes or insulin-dependent diabetes
- If you are taking miconazole to treat fungal infection
- If you have problems with your kidney or liver
- If you have ketones and sugar in your urine
- If you have diabetic pre-coma or coma
- If you are breastfeeding
Side effects of Diamicron Xr 60 MG
- Stomach pain
- Low blood sugar
Precautions and Warnings of Diamicron Xr 60 MG
Can I take Diamicron XR 60 tablet during pregnancy?
Diamicron XR 60 tablet is not recommended during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, before starting this medicine.
Can I take Diamicron XR 60 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if gliclazide passes into human milk, hence Diamicron XR 60 tablet should not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Diamicron XR 60 tablet?
Diamicron XR 60 tablet is known to cause low blood sugar levels, which can impair your driving ability. Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car with you while driving. In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, then stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice. Do not consume sugar-free during such episodes.
Can I consume alcohol with Diamicron XR 60 tablet?
- It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Diamicron XR 60 tablet as it affects blood glucose levels.
- It can decrease or increase the blood sugar level depending on the quantity and frequency of alcohol consumption.
- It increases the appetite and you tend to consume more calories and it interferes with the way this medicine works.
- Alcohol can also increase the risk of developing a serious side effect.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood sugar, heart, liver or kidney problems.
- You consume alcohol.
- You experience sweating, anxiety, fast or irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, chest pain.
- You experience headaches, intense hunger, nausea, vomiting, sleep disorders, restlessness, aggressiveness, depression, confusion, speech or visual disorders, fits, dizziness.
- You have a hereditary condition called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
- You should follow a regular diet and should not skip or delay any meals.
- You should take your medicine on time.
- This medicine is not recommended for children.
Directions for Use of Diamicron Xr 60 MG
- Take Diamicron XR 60 tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water before meals.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail, as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Storage and disposal of Diamicron Xr 60 MG
Store Diamicron XR 60 tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain. ...
Dosage of Diamicron Xr 60 MG
- Excess of Diamicron XR 60 tablet will lead to low blood sugar levels with symptoms such as headache, nausea, vomiting, fainting, dizziness, excess sweating, excessive hunger, fits, anxiety, blurred vision, palpitations....
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your blood sugar medicines, as it may lead to high blood sugar and symptoms associated with that.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of Diamicron Xr 60 MG
How Does It Work?
- The pancreas has Beta cells that are responsible for the production of insulin.
- Gliclazide works by increasing those beta cells, thus producing more insulin, hence helps in lowering the blood sugar.
Interactions of Diamicron Xr 60 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not use Diamicron XR 60 tablet along with Miconazole used to treat the infection as it may cause low blood sugar and may even lead to a coma.
- You should not use Gliclazide along with danazol used to treat breast and menstrual disorders, as it may cause high blood sugar.
- You may experience low blood sugar when taken along with Phenylbutazone, concomitant use of these medicines is not recommended.
- Be cautious when taken along with medicines to treat high blood sugar (insulin), antibiotics (Sulfadiazine, Bactrim, clarithromycin).
- Be cautious when taken along with medicines to treat high blood pressure or heart diseases (captopril or enalapril), medicines to treat psychiatric illness (phenelzine, selegiline).
- You may experience high blood sugar when taken along with medicines to treat asthma (salbutamol, ritodrine, terbutaline), you should be cautious
- Be cautious when taken along with chlorpromazine, St John's Wort.
- You may experience abnormal blood sugar levels when taken along with antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, Gemifloxacin, levofloxacin.
- This medicine may increase the effects of medicines which reduce blood clotting like warfarin, heparin.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking Diamicron XR 60 tablet?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. This may help you remember to take it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go at the time you need to take your medicine.
Q: Can I stop tab Diamicron XR 60 on my own, if I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of diabetes. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Q: What is Diamicron XR 60 tablet used for?
A: Diamicron XR 60 tablet is used to control the high blood sugar levels in diabetic patients. This medicine lowers the raised blood sugar levels when it cannot be controlled by diet, exercise or other medicines alone.
Q: What is the composition of Diamicron Xr?
A: The composition of Diamicron Xr consists of gliclazide, as its active component.
Q: When should I take Diamicron XR 60 tablet, before or after food?
A: Diamicron Xr 60 should be taken exactly as told by the doctor. However, it's best to take it in the morning with breakfast. It is advisable to take it at the usual time each day for optimum results.
Q: What are the side effects of Diamicron XR?
A: Fever, headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting are few side effects that can be seen during the treatment with Diamicron Xr. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolves on your own. Also, it is not important that everyone experience the same.
- Gliclazide 40mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Gliclazide 40mg Tablets - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Gliclazide - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Gliclazide - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Gliclazide: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 7 April 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed