Depsonil 25mg Tablet
Depsonil 25 MG Description
Deponsil tablets belong to a class of medications called tricyclic antidepressants. These are benzodiazepines derivatives. It can treat depression and adjunctive therapy for bedwetting in children of
age six years or more. The composition of Deponsil contains a chemical called imipramine. This chemical works by increasing certain chemical substances in nerve cells which helps in lightening and elevating the mood. It is best to take Depsonil tablets before going to bed to reduce its side effects. It should strictly be taken only after a valid prescription by a doctor. Tell your doctor about the history of the diseases or medications you take before using Depsonil tablets. The amount of dose and duration of treatment by Depsonil tablets will be decided by your physician to get the right amount and to control your symptoms in the right way. Though this medication does not have a habit-forming tendency, its sudden discontinuity can cause some people to develop withdrawal symptoms. In that case, always consult your doctor before discontinuing the use of Depsonil tablets. These symptoms have only been reported in patients taking high doses of this medication. The doctor will guide you by decreasing the dose of medicine step by step to prevent the appearance of any withdrawal symptoms.
|You Save||₹1.96 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Abdominal pain, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Constipation, Retention of urine|
Uses of Depsonil 25 MG
- Enuresis (temporary adjunctive therapy for children more than five years)
Contraindications of Depsonil 25 MG
- You should avoid taking this medication in the following conditions:
- Heart attack
- If you’re taking monoamine oxidase(MAO) inhibitors
Side effects of Depsonil 25 MG
- Dry mouth
- Skin rashes
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased frequency of urination
- Tachycardia (fast heart rate)
Precautions and Warnings of Depsonil 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are planning or about to go for surgery soon.
- You are breastfeeding or planning to get pregnant soon.
- You are allergic to imipramine.
- You have a pathology of kidney or liver disease.
- You had any recent episodes of a heart attack.
- Your blood pressure drops beyond normal.
Mode of Action of Depsonil 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Depsonil 25 MG
- Depsonil tablets are taken with a glass of water.
- They are swallowed as a whole and can be taken on an empty stomach.
- Do not chew or crush the tablet.
- Check the expiry date of medicine diligently before taking it.
- Avoid taking it with alcohol or any other liquor form to get the best results.
Interactions of Depsonil 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Depsonil interaction with other medicines include -
- Benzodiazepines may result in depression of our central nervous system
- Aceclofenac may result in gastrointestinal bleeding
- Acemetacin may result in gastric bleeding
- Acarbose, when combined with imipramine, may result in decreasing the effectiveness of acarbose.
Interactions with food items
- No such adverse interactions are known yet with Depsonil tablets.
Storage and disposal of Depsonil 25 MG
Dosage of Depsonil 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)