Delcon Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Delcon Bottle Of 60ml Syrup Description
Delcon Syrup is used for temporary relief in common cold and allergic rhinitis. It helps in improving symptoms like runny and stuffed nose, sneezing and throat irritation. Delcon Syrup contains a com
bination of chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine as active ingredient. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic and phenylephrine is a decongestant. You should take this Syrup as advised by your doctor for maximum benefits and avoid using it for a prolonged duration when not required.
|Contains||Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg/5ml) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg/5ml)|
|Uses||Cold, allergic rhinitis|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, headache, vomiting, weakness|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
- Maxtra Syrup 60mlBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 105.55₹ 89.72₹ 1.50/Ml
- Relent Cold Syrup 60mlBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 110.25₹ 93.71₹ 1.56/Ml
Uses of Delcon Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Contraindications of Delcon Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- If you are allergic to chlorpheniramine or phenylephrine or any of the ingredients of Delcon Syrup.
- If you have taken medicines for brain disorders such as rasagiline in the last 14 days.
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease.
- If you have diabetes, increased pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma).
- If you are suffering from an overactive thyroid gland and breathing problems like bronchitis.
- If you experience difficulty in urination due to an enlarged prostate gland.
Side effects of Delcon Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Increased blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Delcon Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Other General Warnings
- You are already taking medicines for psychiatric illness, as it can enhance drowsiness
- You are experiencing drowsiness, nervousness.
- You don't feel any improvement in your symptoms within a week.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have asthma or any airway obstruction problems.
- You have a kidney or liver disease.
- You have a history of fits or seizures.
- You have a history of tumour in the adrenal gland.
- You have a blockage in your stomach and intestine.
Mode of Action of Delcon Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
- Delcon Syrup works by the combined action of its two components chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine. Chlorpheniramine acts by blocking the action of histamine a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction and improves allergic symptoms like sneezing, watery eyes, throat irritation, etc....
- Phenylephrine acts as a vasoconstrictor, it shrinks or constricts the blood vessels in the nasal passage and improves congestion.
Directions for Use of Delcon Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Take Delcon Syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
- Read any special instruction on the package.
Interactions of Delcon Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat brain disorders or psychiatric illness should not be used with Delcon as it can lead to a risk of heart-related side effects or increased blood pressure.
- Delcon can reduce the effectiveness of high blood pressure medicines and can increase blood pressure abruptly.
- Delcon should not be taken along with medicines used to treat heart failures such as digoxin as it can increase the risk of irregular heartbeat or heart attack.
- Phenytoin and ergot containing medicines should not be consumed along with Delcon as it can lead to toxicity.
- Other medicines like medicines to induce sleep or anti-anxiety medicines and ceratin painkillers should be used as they can induce sedation.
- Discuss it with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Delcon Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Store Delcon Syrup between 20°- 25°C.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Delcon Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this Syrup?
Q: Any precautions do I need to take while taking Delcon Syrup?
Q: Can I take Delcon Syrup, if I have high blood pressure?
Q: Can I give Delcon Syrup to my 2 months old baby?
Other Products from this Brand
- DELCON MIXED FRUIT FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 15ML ORAL DROPS
- DELCON BOTTLE OF 15ML DROPS
- DELCON LM MANGO FLAVOUR SYRUP 60ML
- DELCON MIXED FRUIT FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 60ML SYRUP
- DELCON STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- DELCON PLUS DS STRAWBERRY FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 60ML SUSPENSION
- DELCON LM STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- DELCON LS RASPBERRY FLAVOUR SYRUP 100ML
- DELCON PLUS BANAN FLAVOUR SYRUP 60ML