Dapsone 100mg Bottle Of 1000 Tablets
Dapsone 100 MG Description
Dapsone 100 mg tablet is used for the treatment of leprosy & certain skin conditions. It contains dapsone, which belongs to a class of medicines called antibacterials. It works by stopping folic acid
production in certain bacteria, thus stopping their growth. Dapsone 100 mg tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Dapsone 100 MG
- Dapsone 100 mg tablet is used to treat leprosy (a bacterial infection that affects the skin and nerves) in combination with other medicines.
- It is also used for the treatment of a chronic itchy skin rash with blisters (dermatitis herpetiformis), which is caused by an overactive immune system or any other similar skin reactions.
Contraindications of Dapsone 100 MG
- If you are allergic to dapsone or any other components of the medicine
- If you have severe anaemia
- If you suffer from a genetic or inherited disorder causing accumulation of substances related to the production of red blood cells (porphyria)
- If you have a genetic disorder that causes an increased breakdown of red blood cells (Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency)
Side effects of Dapsone 100 MG
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Dapsone 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any heart or lung disease
- You have any blood disorders
Mode of Action of Dapsone 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dapsone 100 MG
- Dapsone 100 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Dapsone 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dapsone 100 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines like probenecid (used to treat gout), rifampicin or trimethoprim (used to treat bacterial infections).
Storage and disposal of Dapsone 100 MG
- Store Dapsone 100 mg tablets at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Dapsone 100 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you forget to take a dose of Dapsone 100 mg tablet, it should be taken as soon as you remember unless it is nearly time for your next dose.
- In this case, you should skip the missed dose and take the remaining dose as normal.
- It would be best if you do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.