Cystopen 100mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Cystopen 100 MG Description
Cystopen capsule contains pentosan polysulphate sodium as the main component, which is a weak blood-thinning agent. It is used for the management of long-standing pain associated with bladder pain sy
ndrome. It can cause some side effects like loss of hair, loose motion, vomiting, headache, sleep disturbances, mood changes, tears from eyes, indigestion, abdominal pain, and dysfunction of the liver. These are usually short-lived and manageable. Use this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your child only after your doctor’s advice and the use of this medicine is not recommended for children below 16 years of age.
Uses of Cystopen 100 MG
Contraindications of Cystopen 100 MG
Side effects of Cystopen 100 MG
- Loss of hair
- Loose motions
- Sleep disturbances
- Mood changes
- Tears from eyes
- Abdominal pain
- Dysfunction of the liver
Precautions and Warnings of Cystopen 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are using blood thinner medicines.
- You are having any other bleeding disorder.
- You are undergoing surgeries.
- You weakened the blood vessel wall.
- You have a bleeding tendency.
- You have a low platelet count. You have ulceration of the gastrointestinal tract.
- You have abnormal tissue growth.
- You have bulging pouches from the digestive tract.
Mode of Action of Cystopen 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cystopen 100 MG
- Use this medicine in the dose and for the duration as directed by your doctor.
- This capsule should be taken orally with water on an empty stomach before meals or 2-3 hours after meals as per your doctor’s advice.
- Swallow the medicine without crushing or chewing it.
Interactions of Cystopen 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Cystopen capsule works, and Cystopen capsule may also affect the working of some medicine.
- Talk to your doctor particularly if you are taking other blood thinner medicines like Aspirin, apixaban, Argatroban as well as blood clot-dissolving medicines like Alteplase, Urokinase and platelet aggregation inhibitor medicine like Abciximab as use these medicines along with Cystopen medicine, as it may increase the chances of bleeding. ...
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
Storage and disposal of Cystopen 100 MG
- Store this medicine at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.