Cystopen 100mg Capsule
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cystopen capsule has a medicine named Pentosan Polysulphate Sodium, a weak blood thinner agent which inhibits blood clot formation and further aggregation of already formed blood clots. It can be used for the management of long-standing pain associated with painful urinary bladder syndrome. It can cause some less frequent side effects like loss of hair, loose motion, vomiting, headache, sleep disturbances, mood changes, tears from eyes, indigestion, abdominal pain, and dysfunction of the liver. Use this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your child only after your doctor’s advice and the use of this medicine is not recommended for children below 16 years of age.
Uses of Cystopen 100mg Capsule
This medicine can be used to relieve long-standing pain associated with painful Urinary bladder disease.
Contraindications of Cystopen 100mg Capsule
If you are allergic to any of the component of this medicine.
Side effects of Cystopen 100mg Capsule
- Loss of hair
- Loose motions
- Sleep disturbances
- Mood changes
- Tears from eyes
- Abdominal pain
- Dysfunction of the liver
Precautions and Warnings of Cystopen 100mg Capsule
Can I take Cystopen Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information regarding the safety of this medicine during pregnancy. So always consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or likely to be pregnant.
Can I take Cystopen Capsule while breastfeeding?
There is limited safety information available for use of this medicine while breastfeeding so always consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding your child.
Can I drive after taking Cystopen Capsule?
This medicine can cause dizziness, sleepiness as side effects so it is advisable not to drive or operate machines after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Cystopen Capsule?
Alcohol can aggravate the side effects of this medicine like liver dysfunction, so it is better to avoid alcohol with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are using blood thinner medicines.
- You are having any other bleeding disorder.
- You are undergoing surgeries.
- You weakened the blood vessel wall.
- You have a bleeding tendency.
- You have a low platelet count, You have ulceration of the gastrointestinal tract.
- You have abnormal tissue growth.
- You have bulging pouches from the digestive tract.
Mode of Action of Cystopen 100mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
Cystopen capsule contains a medicine named Pentosan Polysulphate Sodium which is a blood thinner like compound. This medicine inhibits the clotting of blood and further aggregation of already formed blood clots. But exact mechanism of action of this medicine for use in painful urinary bladder disease is not known.
Directions for Use of Cystopen 100mg Capsule
- Use this medicine in the dose and for the duration as directed by your doctor.
- This capsule should be taken orally with water on an empty stomach before meals or 2-3 hours after meals as per your doctor’s advice.
- Swallow the medicine without crushing or chewing it.
Interactions of Cystopen 100mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder.read less
- This medicine should not be used along with other blood thinner medicines like Aspirin, apixaban, Argatroban as well as blood clot-dissolving medicines like Alteplase, Urokinase and platelet aggregation inhibitor medicine like Abciximab as use these medicines along with Cystopen medicine may increase the chances of bleeding.read less
Storage and disposal of Cystopen 100mg Capsule
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not store above 30°C, keep it in a dry and dark place.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Cystopen 100mg Capsule
Always take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Overdose can aggravate the side effects produced by this medicine, rather such side effects can appear very quickly. Overdose of this medicine can cause liver dysfunction, bleeding, heartburn, gastric upset and bleeding from the rectum.
Missed a Dose
In case you forget to take a dose then take it as soon as remember it but do not take double the dose to make up for missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is this medicine a steroid?
A: No, this medicine contains an agent named Pentosan Polysulphate Sodium which is a blood thinner like compound and not a steroid.
Q: Can I share this medicine with one of my relative having similar complaints?
A: It is advisable not to share this medicine with anyone as proper evaluation of the patient’s medical history and other information need to be checked by the doctor before using this medicine.
Last Updated on: 15 Apr 2021 | 10:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved