By GENO PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cypon Capsule contains Cyproheptadine which belongs to a class of antihistamine (anti-allergy) medicines. It is used in treating various types of allergic reactions. Take this medicine in doses and duration as recommended by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Cypon Capsule
- Cypon Capsule is used to reduce symptoms of seasonal nose allergies such as sneezing (coming and going), itchy nose.
- It is used to reduce allergy symptoms of the eyes such as teary eyes, conjunctivitis (red eyes), itching.
- This medicine is also used to reduce allergy symptoms like skin rash, itching, dermatographism (a condition where even lightly scratching on the body causes the red line on the skin you scratched).
Contraindications of Cypon Capsule
- If you are allergic to Cyproheptadine or any of the other ingredients of Cypon Capsule
- If you have stomach ulcers or a condition where the stomach emptying is blocked
- If you are unable to urinate (occurs in the male patient due to increasing of the prostate gland)
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (high pressure in the eye)
- If you are taking medicines like selegiline, phenelzine
- If you have any other allergies
- If you are breastfeeding
- This medicine should not be given to new-born or premature babies, weak and elderly people.
Side effects of Cypon Capsule
- Nausea, vomiting
- Diarrhoea, constipation
- Headache, dizziness
- Fatigue, sleepiness
- Dry mouth, fever
- Skin rash, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Cypon Capsule
Can I take Cypon Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of this medicine during human pregnancy. Please consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take Cypon Capsule while breastfeeding?
- It is unknown if this medicine passes in human milk.
- But since the baby may be exposed to the medicine and due to the potential risk of side effects caused by this medicine, a decision should be made by the doctor, whether to discontinue the medicine or to discontinue breastfeeding.read less
- You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cypon Capsule?
This medicine may make you dizzy and feel sleepy; you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Cypon Capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine, as it may increase the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart diseases
- You have bronchial asthma
- You have high blood pressure
- You have a high level of thyroid hormones
- You have increased pressure inside your eye
- You have problems with your kidney, stomach or intestines
- You have difficulty urinating due to increased prostate gland (occurs in men)
- You are above 60 years, as elderly patients may be more prone to side effects like dizziness, giddiness, and trouble in breathing.
- This medicine, when given to children, may cause excitation. Hence you should be very careful while giving this medicine to young children.
Mode of Action of Cypon Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Our body produces certain natural substances called histamine and serotonin during an allergic reaction.
- Cypon Capsule works by blocking that histamine and serotonin, thus relieving the pain.
Directions for Use of Cypon Capsule
- Take this medicine with a glass of water, with or without food as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it whole, do not break, cut or chew the medicine.
- Take it at a fixed time and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cypon Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- MAO inhibitors: When this medicine is administered along with MAO inhibitors medicines (selegiline, phenelzine), they extend and alter the effects of Cyproheptadine hydrochloride.
- This medicine may have additional effects like decreased rate of breathing, heart rate and giddiness when administered along with CNS depressants like hypnotics (zolpidem, zopiclone), sedatives (Clonazepam, Diazepam), tranquillizers (lorazepam, alprazolam), antianxiety (Citalopram, Sertraline).read less
- You should not use this medicine with any other anti-allergic medications applied to the skin as they may cause an increase in the side effects.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using meclizine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Cypon Capsule.
Storage and disposal of Cypon Capsule
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cypon Capsule
- Excess of this medicine may cause symptoms like sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, restlessness, excitation, nervousness, shaking, fits, hallucinations, dry mouth, fixed or widened pupils, redness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation.read less
- In addition to the above symptoms, an overdose of this medicine may cause trouble breathing, heart failure in newborn or young babies.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or if you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Cypon Capsule?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- This medicine may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.read less
Q: Is Cypon Capsule addictive?
A: No, this medicine is not addictive, but it is advised not to give this medicine if anyone else has the same condition as you without consulting a doctor.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 02:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 18% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved