Cutigard Cream 5gm
By AGLOWMED PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
5g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cutigard Cream is a topical medicine. It is used for the treatment of various skin conditions such as itching, allergies, redness and inflammation suspected to have bacterial or fungal infection. It is also used in the treatment of ringworm infection, athlete's foot and tinea infections. Cutigard Cream is a combination of three medicines beclomethasone, clotrimazole and neomycin. This medicine should be applied as directed by your doctor. Use is regularly for effective results....
|You Save||₹5.44 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Beclometasone(0.025 %W/W),Clotrimazole(1.0 %W/W),Neomycin(0.5 %W/W)|
|Uses||Skin infections and inflammation|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching, allergy, stinging sensation|
|Classification||TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Beclometasone(0.025 %W/W) + Clotrimazole(1.0 %W/W) + Neomycin(0.5 %W/W)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Cutigard Cream 5gm
Uses of Cutigard Cream 5gm
Cutigard Cream is used for the treatment of various skin infections and inflammation like dermatitis, pruritis, impetigo, candida and tinea infection, etc. It helps in managing the symptoms like scratching, red sores, itching and rashes associated with skin infections....
Contraindications of Cutigard Cream 5gm
- If you are allergic to neomycin, clotrimazole, beclomethasone or any other ingredient of Cutigard Cream.
- If you have for nail and scalp infection which is not treated.
Side effects of Cutigard Cream 5gm
Precautions and Warnings of Cutigard Cream 5gm
Can I use Cutigard Cream during pregnancy?
Cutigard Cream can be used during pregnancy, only when prescribed by your doctor. In case you are prescribed with this cream, avoid using in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I use Cutigard Cream while breastfeeding?
Cutigard Cream can be used by a breastfeeding woman if prescribed by the doctor. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Cutigard Cream?
Cutigard Cream does not influence your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Cutigard Cream?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Cutigard Cream. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any allergic reactions of the skin after applying Cutigard Cream.
- You experience other infections after applying this cream.
- It would be best if you do not use this cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you experience any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You should not apply this cream for prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Cutigard Cream should not be used for children below 12 years.
Mode of Action of Cutigard Cream 5gm
How Does It Work?
- Beclomethasone is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Clotrimazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Cutigard Cream 5gm
- Use Cutigard Cream as directed by your doctor for external use only.
- Apply it on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Wash your hands before & after using this medicine unless you are using this medicine to treat hands.
- Apply it in thin film covering the infected area and let it get absorbed.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of skin.
Interactions of Cutigard Cream 5gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Cutigard Cream is meant for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Cutigard Cream with other medicines. However, as Cutigard Cream contains three different components, any interaction seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Cutigard Cream can damage the surface of physical contraceptives thus an alternative contraceptive measure should be considered during the treatment and after 5 days of the treatment.
Storage and disposal of Cutigard Cream 5gm
- Store this medicine below 30°C in a dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Cutigard Cream 5gm
As Cutigard Cream is meant for external application, the cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out excess of medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, apply it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to use Cutigard Cream?
A: If you find that you have started feeling better, still you are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician.
Q: How should I apply Cutigard Cream?
A: Wash the affected area properly and dry it well. Then apply the cream over that area 2-3 times a day or as directed by your doctor. Do not cover the area where you applied the cream with any dressing.
Q: Can we use Cutigard Cream for fungal skin infection?
A: Yes, it can be used for fungal infections if prescribed by your doctor. There are different types of fungal infections and it is important to consult dermatologist for advice. Refrain from using it for any other skin conditions as it contains steroids. Steroids can worsen certain skin infections. Hence caution is needed.
- Surfaz-SN Cream [Internet]. Francoindian.com. 2021 [cited 29 November 2021]
- TRANSLIPO-3 CREAM [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 29 November 2021]
- Clotrimazole Cream 1% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 November 2021]
- Neomycin - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 29 November 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.