Cutiderm Cream Description
Cutiderm Cream is a topical steroid Cream preparation. It contains fluticasone as its active ingredient. Cutiderm Cream is used to alleviate the symptoms of various skin diseases like dermatitis and
eczema-like redness, swelling and itching. Wash your hand before and after applying the Cream. Apply this Cream as advised by your treating doctor for the prescribed duration. Avoid the medicine to treat other skin conditions than prescribed by the doctor. Cutiderm Cream is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
Uses of Cutiderm Cream
Contraindications of Cutiderm Cream
- If you are allergic to fluticasone or any other ingredients of Cutiderm Cream.
- If you have any infection or infected skin.
- If you have acne or pimples, skin redness near or on the nose, rash around your mouth, itching or itchy skin.
- If your child is less than 3 months old.
Side effects of Cutiderm Cream
Precautions and Warnings of Cutiderm Cream
Other General Warnings
- You have a skin condition called psoriasis.
- You are applying this Cream under an airtight dressing.
- You are using this Cream for a chronic leg ulcer.
- You are applying it near the eyes or eyelids or on the face.
- You have any type of skin infection.
- You are applying the Cream on a larger surface area, broken skin or under skin folds.
- You have had an allergic reaction in the past with some other steroid medicine.
- Your skin condition has not improved after using Cutiderm Cream.
- You should avoid continuously using this Cream for a prolonged time in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Cutiderm Cream
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cutiderm Cream
- Cutiderm Cream is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Avoid using this Cream on large areas of your body for a prolonged time.
Interactions of Cutiderm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Cutiderm Cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Medicines like ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), itraconazole (used to treat fungal infection) should be used with caution along with Cutiderm Cream.
Storage and disposal of Cutiderm Cream
Dosage of Cutiderm Cream
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Cutiderm Cream an antibiotic?
Q: Does Cutiderm Cream lighten the skin?
Q: Can Cutiderm be applied on the face?
- Cutivate Cream 0.05% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Cutivate Cream 0.05% - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]