Crestor 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Crestor 5 MG Description
Crestor 5mg tablet contains rosuvastatin as its active ingredient. It is used to lower the bad cholesterol level and reduce the risk of heart disease. Crestor is used along with lifestyle modificatio
ns such as a cholesterol-lowering diet and physical activity. It is also known as 'Statins' or 'HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors' medicine. High cholesterol levels cause narrowing of blood vessels that ultimately lead to heart stroke/attack. This medicine lowers the formation of bad cholesterol in the body by inhibiting the enzyme responsible for cholesterol formation. Take this medicine preferably at bedtime to gain optimum benefits. Individuals with high cholesterol often end up developing other health-related complications, to avoid that you must take this medicine on time and follow the certain lifestyle and dietary modifications as suggested by your doctor. You should practice exercise and consume less fried, junk, limit alcohol and smoking, and avoid packaged food.
Uses of Crestor 5 MG
- It is used for the treatment of high cholesterol levels.
- It is also known to prevent cardiovascular events like stroke and reduce the risk of a heart attack.
Contraindications of Crestor 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Rosuvastatin or any of the ingredients of Crestor 5 tablet.
- If you have severe liver or kidney diseases.
- If you have unexplained muscle pain.
- If you are taking medicines like cyclosporin.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid).
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Crestor 5 MG
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Feeling weak
Precautions and Warnings of Crestor 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any underlying medical conditions like kidney or liver problems, respiratory problem, thyroid, etc.
- You notice blood in the urine along with muscle pain, fever. This could be a serious side effect of abnormal muscle breakdown.
- It can cause jaundice and elevated liver enzymes. Liver function tests have to be monitored.
- You have muscle aches or pains or a family history of muscle problems.
- You regularly drink an excessive amount of alcohol.
- You are taking medicines to lower cholesterol like gemfibrozil, fenofibrate.
- You are taking medicines for HIV infection like ritonavir with lopinavir.
- You are above 70 years old.
- You are a diabetic.
Mode of Action of Crestor 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Crestor 5 MG
- Crestor 5 can be taken with or without food.
- Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time preferably at bedtime.
- Limit the intake of grapefruit juice to minimal quantities.
Interactions of Crestor 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Crestor 5mg tablet works or tab Crestor 5 itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking certain medicines like oral contraceptives, immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, anticoagulants like warfarin, anti-cancer and anti-HIV medicines like regorafenib, ritonavir respectively....
- Medicines used to treat acidity in your stomach like antacids should not be taken at least within 2 hours of taking this medicine.
- An increased risk of muscle pain, when used with other lipid-lowering medicines.
- Concomitant use of fusidic acid (used for bacterial infection) and rosuvastatin should not be taken together as they lead to serious muscle problems.
Storage and disposal of Crestor 5 MG
- Store it below 30°C in the original package to protect from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Crestor 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon will Crestor 5mg tablet work?
Q: Do I need to follow any dietary restrictions while taking this medicine?
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking the medicine?
- You should take medicine at the same time every day.
- Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day such as eating dinner or brushing your teeth at night.
- This may help you remember to take it.
- Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine.
- You can use a pillbox with the days of the week on it.
Q: When should I take Crestor 5mg tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Crestor 5 if I feel an improvement in symptoms?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 26 August 2022]
- Crestor 10mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 August 2022]
- Rosuvastatin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 26 August 2022]
- ROSUVASTATIN [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 26 August 2022]