Cresadex 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By DROGUE PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S belongs to the statin group, and its chief composition is rosuvastatin. It is used for the reduction of bad cholesterol in the body, also referred to as low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
Uses of Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Prevent stroke
- Reduce the risk of heart attack
Contraindications of Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S
- Liver/kidney problems
- Allergy to the medicine
- Addiction to alcohol
- Abnormal liver function tests
Side effects of Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S
- Common side effects of taking Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S include headache, constipation, nausea, dizziness, stomach pain and heartburn
- Serious side effects include myopathy where the patient experiences muscle pain, lethargy and fever; jaundice and elevated enzymes in the liver that could be indicated by blood in the urine along with muscle pain; and rhabdomyolysis, characterised by severe muscle pain, soreness and fever that could lead to acute kidney failureread less
Precautions and Warnings of Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S
Can I take Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S during pregnancy?
No. This medicine is harmful if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. Women of childbearing age must use effective contraception to prevent pregnancy when they are on this medicine.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
There is not enough information available on the safety of this medicine during breastfeeding. Some amount of the medicine is known to pass into the milk. Therefore, it is best to avoid this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
Yes, you can as this medicine does not affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Alcohol consumption must be reduced while you are taking this medicine as the combination can cause damage to the liver.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have taken or are supposed to take fusidic acid within seven days of starting this medicine
- You have liver or kidney problems
- You have muscle aches and pains or a family history of muscle aches
- You have experienced muscular problems after taking cholesterol-lowering medicine in the past
- You have an alcohol addiction or frequently consume large amounts of alcohol
Mode of Action of Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S
How Does It Work?
Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S inhibits HMG-CoA reductase which is an enzyme that produces cholesterol in the body. By doing this, the medicine helps lower bad cholesterol levels. In the process, it also increases good cholesterol, also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL), levels in the body.
Directions for Use of Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S
- Follow instructions given by your physician. Do not resort to self-medication.
Interactions of Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Lipid-lowering agents such as amiodarone, diltiazem and verapamil can increase the risk of myopathy; lipid levels have to be monitored to make sure that the lowest level of Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S is given along with the medicinesread less
- Cyclosporin, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin and HIV protease inhibitors interact with the medicine to reduce its level in the bloodread less
- Antacids such as aluminium hydroxide within two hours of intake
- Fusidic acid, that was taken up to seven days before the tablet, can interact and result in rhabdomyolysis (severe breakdown of muscles)
Interactions with food items
This tablet interacts with grapefruit juice; hence, reduce the quantity of the juice intake.
Storage and disposal of Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S
Store in a cool, dry place and at room temperature. Keep away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S
Taking the correct dosage of Cresadex 20mg Tab 10'S is crucial. The serious side effects of the medicine will be observed if one takes too much of the medicine. In case of an overdose, talk to your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. Make sure to avoid taking two doses of the medicine within 12 hours of each other.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon will this medicine start working?
A: You will notice a lowering of LDL levels within 2–4 weeks of beginning treatment with the medicine. However, the results may vary between individuals. During subsequent visits, the doctor may adjust the dosage to control cholesterol levels.
Q: What precautions should I follow when I take this medicine?
- Avoid food with high-fat content
- Exercise regularly
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Let your doctor know if you have a liver or kidney problem
Q: What should I do if my daily schedule interferes with my taking the medicine?
A: Try and take the medicine at the same time every day. To ensure that this happens, connect it to some activity that you do every day like brushing your teeth. This will help you remember to take the medicine on time.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved