Cortison Optichlor Eye Oint 3gm
By ENTOD PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
3g Eye Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cortisone Optichlor Eye ointment is a combination medicine containing chloramphenicol and hydrocortisone used to treat bacterial eye infections.
|You Save||₹14.83 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Chloramphenicol(1.0 %),Hydrocortisone(0.5 %)|
|Uses||treatment of bacterial eye infection|
|Side effects||transient burning, stinging sensation, eye irritation, blurred vision, hypersensitivity reaction|
|Classification||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Chloramphenicol(1.0 %) + Hydrocortisone(0.5 %)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Cortison Optichlor Eye Oint 3gm
Uses of Cortison Optichlor Eye Oint 3gm
- Treatment of bacterial eye infection
Contraindications of Cortison Optichlor Eye Oint 3gm
- Allergy to chloramphenicol, hydrocortisone or the excipients
- Patients with bone marrow suppression during previous exposure to chloramphenicol
- Patients with a history of blood dyscrasias, including aplastic anaemia
Side effects of Cortison Optichlor Eye Oint 3gm
- Transient burning
- Stinging sensation
- Eye irritation
- Blurred vision
- Allergic reaction
Precautions and Warnings of Cortison Optichlor Eye Oint 3gm
Can I apply Cortison Optichlor Eye Ointment during pregnancy?
The safety of eye ointment during pregnancy has not been established; therefore, it should be avoided as a precautionary measure. Consult your doctor for further information.
Is it safe to use Cortison Optichlor Eye Ointment while breastfeeding?
No data is available regarding the safety of Cortison Optichlor Eye Ointment during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor before using this medication.
Can I drive if I have put Cortison Optichlor Eye Ointment?
Cortison Optichlor Eye Ointment may cause eye irritation and blurred vision for a short time. Do not drive until these side effects subside.
Can I consume alcohol after using Cortison Optichlor Eye Ointment?
No interaction of alcohol with eye drops is established.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an eye injury
- You have aplastic anaemia
- You have a fungal eye infection
- You have a history of glaucoma
- You have dry eye syndrome
- You have a history of eye surgery
- You have severe bacterial conjunctivitis
- You are using other eye drops or eye ointment
- You had a history of laser treatment in the last 6 months
- Allergy to chloramphenicol, hydrocortisone or the excipients
Mode of Action of Cortison Optichlor Eye Oint 3gm
How Does It Work?
Chloramphenicol is an antibacterial agent that works by binding to bacterial ribosomes and suppressing early bacterial protein formation. Hydrocortisone binds to glucocorticoid receptors and decreases inflammation, redness and other symptoms of eye infections....
Directions for Use of Cortison Optichlor Eye Oint 3gm
- Cortison Optichlor Eye ointment is for external use only
- Gently squeeze the tube and place the medicine in the lower eyelid
- Check the label for directions for use
- Do not touch the tip of the tube
Storage and disposal of Cortison Optichlor Eye Oint 3gm
Store the medication in a cool and dry place below 25°C Keep it away from direct sunlight Discard the unneeded or expired medication safely
Dosage of Cortison Optichlor Eye Oint 3gm
- Overdose of Cortisone Optichlor eye ointment is unlikely as it is an eye drop medication. However, upon accidental ingestion of the contents of this medication, side effects may be seen, but it does not produce any life-threatening situations, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose, put the eye ointment as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your routine. Do not put twice the amount of drops at once....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the correct way to apply eye ointment?
A: You should sit comfortably, put your head back, open the ointment tube, and apply the medication inside the lower eyelid, ensuring that the nozzle does not touch the eye. Wipe off the excess with a clean tissue.
Q: How long should I wait before applying another medication?
- You should wait for 15-20 minutes between each medication if given to treat the same condition.
Q: How long does Cortisone Optichlor Eye Ointment take to work?
A: Cortisone Optichlor Eye Ointment starts working soon as soon as you apply it. However, it may take a few days to kill all the bacteria.
Q: Can I stop using Cortisone Optichlor Eye Ointment when I feel better?
A: You should not stop using this medication abruptly; instead should complete the entire course of treatment for the infection to get eradicated.
- Chloramphenicol 1% w/w Eye Ointment - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3533/smpc#gref
- Hydrocortisone 1% w/w Ointment - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/4599/smpc#gref
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.